Hi Everyone

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Puddy and 'Tat'!:

Welcome to TheCatSite and we are glad you checked out the forums!
You've come to the right place for a lot of good advice, plenty of great cat loving friends, and pix of cats galore which we hope you'll add your own to!

All 9 of us are rescued, indoor-only and spayed/neutered.
Our person has lived with, loved, rescued, and advoCATed for cats all her life, and having learned from the experts, feline and human, we strongly advise you to KEEP YOUR CAT INDOORS ONLY! Cats live longer, are far safer, don't pick up nasty parasites like fleas and ticks, and can be very happy indoors, with love and attention from their human friends (and two or more cats together will keep each other amused while you're away, playing, grooming, and napping together! Plus, you save more deserving lives -- hint hint!) and just a small investment in some good, study toys, a little bit of cat furniture, and some scratching pads (the corrugated cardboard kind that have catnip in them are wonderful and inexpensive!). Feeding "supermarket brands" of food may seem economical, but ultimately feeding premium foods is cheaper in terms of there being less waste, better health for your cat, and fewer vet bills for you. Spaying (if you haven't had this done already, which we hope you have!) is a MUST, not only because it means no more innocent lives lost simply because there are not enough good homes, but also, your cat will have far less risk of developing mammary tumors and other terrible health issues if she is spayed. Hopefully she's had her baseline "kitten shots", too.

Your vet can be very helpful as well -- hope you have a good one.

We can't wait to see her picture, know her name, and hear all about her!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to welcome you and the lovely kitties to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

Thank you so much for taking care of Sofie - you undoubtedly have saved her life