Hi everyone! Pregnant Cat... I think. Photos

sillylilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I am going to try and attach some pics of our girl Lilly. I have been lurking around here for a week or so. Everyone is so nice! Lilly came to live with us at 5 months old. I believe she is 11 months old now.  She will be getting spayed after this litter... but we are so excited to have these kittens. This is a first time for us. I have never witnessed the birth of anything other than my kids. :) She is an outside cat that we have been keeping in the garage the last few weeks due to not knowing at all when it will happen. Hoping the pics I provide will help some

guess how far along she is. I thought I saw movement last week.. but this week not really... I first noticed her bigger nipples 3 weeks ago.. I don't feel that her belly is that big though... especially when she is up walking around. But when she is laying down, she for sure looks pregnant. Any an all advise is appreciated!

rayvenstar101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Make sure she has enough water. Try to be there during the kitting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillylilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone have any idea how far along she is?

sillylilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, she has water and food and the little box all near. I really do hope I am here when it happens. Have already arranged to miss work... unless it happens when I am already there. I HOPE not!

rayvenstar101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly I'm not the best at figuring out that. How is she acting?

sillylilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is pretty lazy. Doesn't seem to bother her at all that she is trapped inside. Very loving. I cant walk around out there without her rubbing on my legs. Loves that belly rubbed too!

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pictures are not a good way to tell how far along a cat is. One good indicator is when you can feel the kittens moving.  You can't feel them moving until around 6 weeks, so once you feel them you will know she is at least 6 weeks. Do you know when she was in heat?

Honestly, a vet would be in the best position to tell you how far along she is.  I suggest taking her in for an exam.

Please also read this article about the importance of spaying your pets. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats

sillylilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, I don't know when she was in heat. It isn't uncommon for her to disappear for a day or two... and I didn't notice any change in her behavior. My town is small and has only 1 vet.. and when I called yesterday, the VM said they are on vacation for the next week. I can wait the week to get his input, just thought I could get some guesses from here for fun, based on what I had seen on other threads. And I will state again that she will be spayed ASAP after the birth.  All I have to go on is her lager nipples and belly size. Like I said... I thought last week there was movement and then this week nothing... BUT maybe I was just seeing things!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I guess it's just a waiting game for you then. :D

You can't really tell from pictures, some cats look huge like they swallowed a basket ball at 9 weeks others hardly show at all. It depends how many kittens she has growing in there. Also just like some people they look huge at 5 months and then other women at 9 months are hardly showing.

I hope she hangs on until the vet gets back next week. Otherwise what happens if she has complications and needs a c-section or something ??

Especially being still a kitten herself ( 11 months ) problems and complications with labour are more likely to happen younger cats, who are not even fully grown themselves yet.

sillylilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If there are complications there is a vet in a nearby town... 15 miles or so. I would be shocked if it happened this week though, so I feel good about that.

sillylilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the longest week EVER waiting for the vet to get back. I am starting to doubt that she is even pregnant... Do her nipples look to anyone like a pregnant cat? If when the vet gets back next week and she is not, I will have her spayed... I just wish I knew now if she even is.

lesley b

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cat milli is due any day now she is quite restless so hope its not too long

sillylilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is this normal? She has always used the litter box no problem. I thought she was just fine with her nesting box, because she always sleeps and lounges in there... I believe she is 7 weeks along, maybe more... only judging by when I noticed her nipples.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would not consider that normal, although being very pregnant, she may have thought she was pushing out a kitten.  Did you see her doing this, like in a normal pooping position, or did you just find a deposit in the box?  In any case, change out the bedding and see what happens.

sillylilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, I didn't see her do it. There was just a small normal looking pile in there when I got home. She is very loving today... which she hadn't been the last few days and she was meowing a lot so I thought she was hungry, but she ate just a little and the rest of it is still sitting there.

sillylilly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been trying to feel them this whole time, but without much success. I would think I felt something... but would convince myself it was just her breathing. Once I took this video... I THINK I can see it. It is hard to tell what is breathing and what is kitten movement. At the end of the video do you think that is movement???? My vet is still gone, and it is making me crazy thinking she is going to have them when I am not here!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with Red Top.   My guess is she had some precontraction (like they may have), and so it happened.