Hi Everyone from Lusa and me :)

eagleeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all

My name is Susan and I live outside of Pittsburgh, PA. On Wednesday, I saw a tiny black shape moving on the side of my busy road just yards from my house. I found the most adorable stray kitten who I've named Lusa (the Choctaw word for "black.")

The vet said that Lusa is between 4 - 6 weeks old. She's suffering from URI, fleas, and ear mites. She is FIV and leukemia negative
She's living in my bathroom currently because I have a dog (rescued) who was not socialized with cats.

I was/am completely unprepared to have a baby cat. My husband and I are thinking about doing a 2 week foster trial with her to see if my husband's allergies can handle having her in the house. If we can keep her, she'll have the upstairs bedroom all to herself.

I hope you experienced cat people can advise me about the best care and home set-up for her.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TSC! I'm glad you found your way here. You might get more advice that want you want
Lusa is adorable and she was very lucky to have you watching out at the street that day.
You might want to post in SOS rescue or Health section to get some advice from others, I hope that everything works out with your husband so you can keep her

Let me know if you need any help finding your way around the forums or have any other "site" questions

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome Susan!

Lusa is precious! Poor little orphan. Bless you for rescuing her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eagleeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the warm welcome! I've never been around a kitty this young, and haven't had a cat in about 15, so I have a lot of questions

Lusa is a wonderful little girl and is so affectionate. When she looks up at me with her green eyes and purrs, I just melt!

I hope to get some pics of her playing.

scratchies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Susan
just i quick hint about being allergic to cats is that its the saliva that most people react to not the fur , just use a damp hand towl to rub the fur with every time hubby is about and it may help ,not saying it will it may.
i am allergic to cats but i live with 6 of them so i have the cleanest cats in town
in my case it the saliver so i rub them off i have had all mine since they were kitten excepet for my two rescure boys so they are used to it , 2 even lke to have baths
oh yes welome to tcs

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Susan
we're so happy to welcome you and Lusa to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

Thank you so much for offering this little kitty a chance - let's hope either the allergy situation works out, or little Lusa finds a home elsewhere. Whatever the outcome, you have given her the best chance