Hi all

scotty parno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a Ragdoll kitty that I got at 12 wks. he is now about 15 wks. I just got another Rag doll, same breeder 12wks old. brought them together and in the beginning all was well,then Kiss the older started chasing Hershey the baby,now they are both males the older kitty has been laying in the younger kitty's litter box???he has been grabbing the lil one by the neck ,neither is neutered yet?is this a sexual issue [their both babies] or some thing else. Any answer will be appreciated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scotty parno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi do you think my 16 wk kitty could harm the little one 12weeks old? he grabs him by the neck, but the 2lb09z keeps coming back for more the 16wk is about 10lbs

scotty parno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi...afraid for the little guy cause of the weight issue

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably not.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If it concerns you, you can always intervene and separate them until the aggressor calms down.  Cats usually won't inflict a lot of damage on each other.  Especially with something like this.  It's only play or to make a point... I'm the boss.  But beyond that, they try not to hurt each other too much.  Now, not knowing their own strength is another thing.... or if the younger is really a lot smaller and weaker than the older or a lot younger than the older, it would be an issue.  But since the smaller one "keeps going back for more" I am inclined to say it's a play thing and they are just having fun.  Cats like to play rough.

scotty parno

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you I am concerned because my Ragdoll is 16wks and 10 lbs. my new lil guy s 12wk 2lb.09oz vey scary the large kitty doesn't stop but either does the ll guy