Hey! Something Fun..Cats vs. Dogs!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, i could never choose..i love them both! I definitely choose both over rabbits any day though- my rescue rabbit is evil!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was always a cat person, but loved Pomeranians... so in high school I got one. And then I was a dog person, and still love poms... but purely out of convenience to me and the welfare of the would be dog, I am now back to being a cat person. In my living situation it's too hard to have a dog. If I had a yard to let them out in maybe it would be different. Either way, I like smaller animals... I'm not into big dogs. I think they're cute, and enjoy playing with them, but that's not for me. Plus big dogs = big poop. Enough said!

catz_rule

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to be both, but ever since I got mauled my a dog and had to get 47 stitches......yeah, i think you all know which I prefer

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by shelly1212

I have 5 dogs and 4 cats and I must say I am more of a cat person I guess. Don't tell my dogs that though.

I love all my furry kids but the dogs can be a pain, from the barking, they stink and I have to baith them all the time, with 5 they compete with each other all the time, very messy with a dog door and all the dirt they track in, and yes barking again, I have a yapper that drives me crazy!

My cats are all very loving and I can usually always have a cat to give me attention with 4. They are always so clean and 2 of mine cuddle under the sheets with me. If I did that with my dogs I would gag from the fart smell, bad gas!
My cats are presious to me and I think they are way smarter too, especially when you find the dogs trying to eat one of the cats poo.
This post made me laugh so hard!! You are so funny!!

I've never had a dog though I sometimes am very attracted to other people's dogs. The big turn-off for me, like it is for shelly, is the smell. My experience with dogs is that they often stink. When I went camping with 4 girlfriends, I had to share the tent with the dog after he had rolled around in animal poop all day. (When you don't have any of your own camping equipment you don't get much say-so). Yes, I made him take multiple dunks in the lake by playing a very purposeful game of fetch with him that evening, but still... pee-eww.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a dog person all the way!

I like dogs because they are super easy to train, they're devoted to their owners, and you can take them on walks and go on trips with them. I just love dogs.. I love all the different breeds and their personalities.

My cat acts like a dog... and I did teach him to sit, but I just loved dogs... I like being able to take my girls to the park and let them run around, and they know all kinds of tricks and were just super easy to train. I also like the fact I can take them to work [vet clinic] and they won't freak out like my cat does. That's part of the reason I dislike cats so much, at work most that come in are morons. They are so freaked out they try to eat you. I practically got jungle rot from some louisiana babies that freaked out in a room when I was weighing them... they were climbing the walls and everything. One thing I hate is getting bitten by anything, but at least a dog I can throw down and pin their head down... cats are so quick and so small, and they can manipulate their bodies so well it's almost impossible to not get bitten unless you let go when they are going nuts.

Dogs are just SO less moody.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had to choose between cats and dogs, it would definitely be dogs. I have had them all my life. They are fun, loyal, dedicated, smart, friendly, sweet, etc. I like kitties too, but I am so very new to them- I just got my first kittens(I've lived with them before when I was littler, but now they're mine and I take care of them in every aspect), so I'm not as experienced with them as much as dogs. I know very much in the dog department and that's where my comfort mostly lies. I love how you can just feel your dogs' love- you are their whole world and that draws me closer to them.
I love and care about animals very much- all of them.

reneeteachj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would have to choose cats. I grew up around both, and there was never a time at home when we'd have one and not the other. When I moved into my husband's and my first home together, we already had Buddy, our choc lab, but we later got my two kitties and it occurred to me suddenly how much I really missed having a cat around. While they are much less likely to do what their told than Buddy is, the pros outweight the cons big time!