Hey! Nice To Meet Everyone!

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_4397.JPG
Hi, nice to meet everyone! Just joined today and I'm excited to share my lovely fur baby with you all. Right now I just have my one cat, Mia and my two gerbils. Though I am also living with two dogs.

Mia I adopted in February of this year and life with her has been wonderful. She's the best cat that I could have ever imagined having and even my dad who claims to dislike cats, likes her.

She's a little over a year, and she's also really smart and I've actually taught her some tricks. (sit, down, high five, roll over and spin). She's currently on a half raw food and half canned diet. I work at a pet store that focuses on healthy pet food so I'm pretty well versed in cat and dog nutrition but I am always willing to learn more!

I tried to attach a video of her doing her tricks, but I had some trouble so here's a picture of her instead. I'll post the video later if I figure out what's going wrong.

Anyways nice to meet you all! :)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Mia is so pretty! I love teaching my Charlie tricks, but I haven't been able to get him to roll over yet. Any tips? ;)

I'd love to see a picture of all of Mia's tricks, I think you can't upload a video directly, but if you post a YouTube link, the video will be embedded automatically.

Welcome to TCS!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A big welcome to TCS! :wave3: Mia is absolutely beautiful and I'm so happy you adopted her. Glad that she has adjusted to your family and even your dad is a fan. :thumbsup: I look forward to seeing the video of Mia doing her tricks.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3317.GIF
Moonlight_wolf and Mia, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3367.GIF
to both of you.

Thank you for adopting Mia and glad that your dad likes her too
IMG_3236.GIF

She's a pretty and smart kitty. Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many good reads in the Articles section and do post more photos of Mia for us to see.

See ya around the site :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! As for the video, I think the video was in the wrong format to go on here?? So I just uploaded it to my YouTube channel where I posted my bunny stuff when I had bunnies. -They passed earlier this year :(

Anyways here's the link!

Also, the video doesn't have her spin trick because it's a new trick she just mastered and I haven't taped it yet.

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mia is so pretty! I love teaching my Charlie tricks, but I haven't been able to get him to roll over yet. Any tips? ;)

I'd love to see a picture of all of Mia's tricks, I think you can't upload a video directly, but if you post a YouTube link, the video will be embedded automatically.

Welcome to TCS!
Oh yeah I just uploaded the video! And well Mia wasn't that hard to teach to roll over because her "down" she had decided was going to be her flopped on her side because that's the way she always lays down. So she was already halfway there. Lol. And I just would guide her to follow the treat by rolling on her back and then on her other side. It started out not looking like a roll over at all. But more like her trying so hard to swipe the treat out of my hand.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and Mia! I am in awe. At my house, the training went the other way, I'm afraid. Hekitty trained me. Although she does know that there will be no treats unless she "sits like a lady."

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wellcome to the family!
You have a lovely girl with a perfect combo: brains+beauty. We teach our cats the same way! Freya just knows "sit" and "stand up" (she looks so funny standing on her hind legs) but she is only 5 months old, so I hope I will be able to reach her more tricks. Keep updating us about her and, by the way, I love your socks!

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone :) And yes I feel very fortunate to have a cat like Mia! I feel so grearfuk that I don't even get mad when she's meowing at me loudly to wake up and pet her. And alejandra-rico, I'm sure that if your cat is learning tricks at just 5 months then you'll be able to teach her more for sure!