Hey Guys It's Me Again!

Dark_Voltz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Previous Forum: Found Two Stray Cats Not Sure How To Go On With This And Not Sure If The Mother Abandoned Them Or Et
Audio Link:
So I need your help once more people :D. I'm wondering regarding about my two kittens who I believe now is approximately two months old? I wanted to know if I would have to go now to start giving them vaccines as I haven't really planned to do so. Also some questions regarding the food I give and a noise my kitten is making. Right now I'm still feeding both of them this milk replacement and was wondering isn't it time they only drank water and ate dry food? I've been giving two different types to see which they prefer and wondering if that is also a wise decision? Also mainly I will attach images of the items I'm referring too but also attaching this sound clip of my kitten making this noise which I can't seem to understand what she wants (perhaps shes hungry?). Truly appreciate any help for any of my questions as each one will help make it easier on me and both of them thank you!

Attachments

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn’t seem to find the sound clip. But at eight weeks you should be transitioning them to water. But some wet food in their diet will also make sure they are getting enough liquids and nutrition.

And yes, they do need vaccines and a vet check as well to make sure they are healthy and stay healthy and also to check for worms.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it’s great you are seeing if they like different foods. Regarding the dry food you attached, I’d recommend finding a different one - you want something that mentions meat or meat by-products as the first ingredient and not corn. Most cats don’t do great on food that has corn or corn meal as one of the first five ingredients. They are obligate carnivores and do best in a meat-based diet.

I also second the motion to add in a little wet food if you are able.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Why aren’t you planning to vaccinate your cats?

Regardless of what form it’s in, they’ll need kitten food until they are six months old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dark_Voltz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Forgot to attach this feeding them this dry food mainly along with the kitten milk. I will vaccinate them as soon as I am able to go take them when I have the time and can afford to do so. First was told by my cousin that it would be in 4 months I would have to but thanks to the internet realized about 2 months is when I should be vaccinating them. Just to be clear again is it totally normal that they still drink the milk and also some dry food. Despite having dry food they still act cute and ask for their milk and just want to be certain because these milk cost $10 for each one and they still haven't shown a slightest change in their diet. Thanks for all the advices so far :D

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You are doing great with these kittens. The milk is not a necessity at their age, they will continue to ask because they like the taste. They will need water and if they won't drink it you can dilute the milk. Do 1/2 milk 1/2 water, then increase the water.

The dry food looks good to leave out all the time. Adding canned kitten food will also give them the moisture they need.

Dark_Voltz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys.....and also just remembered they're possibly infested with tiny bugs that not sure what they're called but was wondering I should take them to a vet and they'll care of the issue right??

Plumeria

Leroy's Mommy
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you mean fleas? The vet will give you Revolution to treat them. I definitely recommend you start feeding them wet canned food, as it’s better than dry. I have 3 month old kittens and feed them the same Royal Canin dry food you posted. I leave them out 24/7. I was also feeding them wet canned food for kittens (4x a day) from Royal Canin and Science Diet, but switching them to Ziwipeak, Koha, Whole Earth Farms, Merrick, etc because they’re better quality. Check out Pawdiet.com to compare cat food brands and ingredients. Some brands contain harmful dyes and additives that are linked to cancer and other issues, so you definitely want to pay attention to ingredients.

Dark_Voltz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Man it's been months since I posted this.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are the babies doing? Hope they are vaccinated and spayed/neutered and flea free by now! Especially if one is a male and one is a female. You will have babies soon if they are opposite sex and we don't want that.

Dark_Voltz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes sorry for the late response I forgot how I even came across here and felt it was overdue to give an update. Especially leaving a post like that. A lot has happened and changed since then. It's amazing thinking how everything can change in a matter of a few years. They both grew up well. One of them went missing as she loved being outdoors often and the other one is still with me. She just recently was vaccinated last year at August. Vet said she's good expect maybe her thyroids feel a bit big? She's always looking skinny lool but thank god she's good. No spaying yet still as I'm afraid to proceed still.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow. Sorry one of your girls is gone - that is horrible, I hope she is OK with some other cat lover. Are you keeping the other one inside, since she has not been spayed? If not, I presume you have had some litters since then. Enlarged thyroid glands is a sign of hyperthyroidism, as is being skinny. Not terribly common in a younger cat, but not unheard of either.

Why the hesitation to get her spayed?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Not being spayed reminds me of a cat my friend rescued. Pregnant with 3 huge pouches. Luckily she survived but the sacs had to be removed. There is also a fatal disease adult cats can get if not spayed. Hope everything works out!

Dark_Voltz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow. Sorry one of your girls is gone - that is horrible, I hope she is OK with some other cat lover. Are you keeping the other one inside, since she has not been spayed? If not, I presume you have had some litters since then. Enlarged thyroid glands is a sign of hyperthyroidism, as is being skinny. Not terribly common in a younger cat, but not unheard of either.

Why the hesitation to get her spayed?
I hope so she is as well. I miss her often I wish I knew where she is. The other one is inside often but even she just likes to look out the door when I was back at the place where they both would step out. Basically, I lived in an apartment building during 2018 it was only when 2019 came around is when they started going outdoor more. She's afraid of any other cats so doubt she'd get any litters. As for the enlarged thyroid I think I should definitely have her checked out again and see if everything is in order.

As for spaying it's very new to me, and honestly sounds painful for my cat. I'm aware it's to prevent future disease and what not as she grows older but the fact she'll have to deal with the aftermath for a week is scary to me. I really do understand she needs to get it done just have been reluctant.

Dark_Voltz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not being spayed reminds me of a cat my friend rescued. Pregnant with 3 huge pouches. Luckily she survived but the sacs had to be removed. There is also a fatal disease adult cats can get if not spayed. Hope everything works out!
Oh wow thank god she survived now I'm thinking I really should get her spayed sooner rather than later.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, PLEASE have her spayed. It is WELL worth it to not have herds of kittens to care for. One of mine Had 17 kittens in a year before I caught her. It's an operation so will be a little painful, but I have never had problems. they go through it very well. I have had dozens of cats spayed. Within a week they are acting normally. some never slow down at all.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have water available but give them KMR until it runs out. OK I fed my twerp kitten dry food until he hit 2 years old. If you are going to feed them wet with the dry ...... do not give them fancy feast unless you want to feed them fancy feast for life! My boy would not touch his healthy wet food once he tried fancy feast.

My bottles babies weaned themselves by 10-11 weeks. At 8 weeks they wanted to try wet food. They still drank KMR out of a saucer until 10-11 weeks though.

Get your female kittens spayed at 4 or 5 months old. They can start going into heat as young as 4 months old.

Petco does cheap vaccines if you are in the states. You want to deworm them and at the very least get them their distemper vaccine now. Panlokemia kills kittens and is extremely fatal to kittens! Here in the US we have low cost spay/neuter clinics where you can get your cat spayed for around $40 in my area. It is worth a Google to see if there is one near you.

Dark_Voltz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would have water available but give them KMR until it runs out. OK I fed my twerp kitten dry food until he hit 2 years old. If you are going to feed them wet with the dry ...... do not give them fancy feast unless you want to feed them fancy feast for life! My boy would not touch his healthy wet food once he tried fancy feast.

My bottles babies weaned themselves by 10-11 weeks. At 8 weeks they wanted to try wet food. They still drank KMR out of a saucer until 10-11 weeks though.

Get your female kittens spayed at 4 or 5 months old. They can start going into heat as young as 4 months old.

Petco does cheap vaccines if you are in the states. You want to deworm them and at the very least get them their distemper vaccine now. Panlokemia kills kittens and is extremely fatal to kittens! Here in the US we have low cost spay/neuter clinics where you can get your cat spayed for around $40 in my area. It is worth a Google to see if there is one near you.
Uhh hi thank you for the information I really do appreciate it...just that you're several years late but thank you 😭😭😭