Hey First Time Cat Dad Here, Meet Samus Aran!

Kid Indie

Samus Aran's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey first time ever given the opportunity to adopt. I had a terrible experience on another forum which I will not name. Where my introduction was deleted, I do hope this community is more friendly.

Any-hoo, I adopted a 6 month female Oriental mix about 2 weeks ago. This is my first experience having a feline family member. When I brought her home she was dealing w a URI from the shelter but she seems to be progressing better. She is full of charisma, energy and affection. Surprisingly she bonded to me quickly and after her first 4 hours under my bed from the carrier even slept alongside me. She's brought me a good bit of joy. Her personality seems to match a Oriental as she's becoming very chatty and clingy (in a good way). I joined this community in hopes to meet other cat parents and share each others stories.

We do hope this place is more friendly then the last. Here are a couple pictures of her as she doesn't let me take many. She's always zipping through the house haha. Meet Samus Aran, also if you guys have any clues on what else she may be mixed w it would be appreciated. The shelter didn't seem to know. Have a good day people's!
IMG_20180225_184737.jpg
IMG_20180223_131312.jpg

Attachments

Wenda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's a cutie!! Congrats on getting your girl! I'm sure you guys will have a wonderful life together. :)

I'm new to this site too, but so far I've found it very friendly and open. So I'm sure you'll like it here too.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here! Samus Aran is so pretty and looks very regal! Like a little lioness! It’s not too common that we see orange girls, either. In fact, we have a special thread dedicated to pictures of orange female cats!

Let's See Your Orange/cream Females

I hope to see you and Samus Aran around TCS! :wave3:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
6A1EE1DE-F8B3-48BA-BFDE-E2D0EC46E11E.gif
Kid Indie and Samus Aran, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
3B6EA806-B3E6-4026-AE74-CB301B81E151.jpeg
to both of you.

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Your kitty is lovely! :happycat::lovecat4: Please post more photos of her and here’s a special thread just for her in :-
Let's See Your Orange/cream Females
Show Me Your Stripes And Spots! Tabby Cats Only ;) and many other fun threads here in Fur Pictures and Videos Only!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:

LokiNApolloMami

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to the forum!!! I am a pretty new cat mom, of two yrs now and my whole life having dogs, I am a family of two 2 yr old boys and a new female kitten.. I started posting on thecatsite.com when I first got my boys, and with never having cats before, it's helped tremendously! And i must say, I LOVE MY KITTIES AND HAVE NEVER HAD A BOND LIKE I DO WITH THEM!! I love posting pics and bragging on my furballs with people who understand the feeling I get when any of my babies do something cute or silly! I have met a bunch of awesome people through this forum and with still not knowing everything I need to know about cats i still am constantly asking questions about my cats behaviors, what kind of food is best and alot of others! Since I'm still kinda of new to the cat scene I can't tell u what breed your baby is mixed with but she is gorgeous! I hope this forum helps u just as much as it has helped me!!

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am new too. Great people here,and lots of great reading,advice and most of all...pictures! And by the way,the first pic of you holding your little one is hilarious! Made my morning,thanks!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A very warm welcome to both you and Samus Aran! What a lovely girl she is!

When it comes to trying to tell a cat's breed, things can be very, VERY dicey. I mean, most of the differences in MOST breeds are very subtle, indeed, and even experts can't be sure without papers. However, if you are really interested, there are now fairly reliable DNA tests available, finally. This is one from University California, Davis, that I would actually trust:

Cat Ancestry - FAQ

Again,

upload_2018-2-27_16-52-13.jpeg

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:

Samus Aran looks utterly delightful, how wonderfully lucky for you both to have found each other. :dance:

I've had cats my entire life but still learn stuff on TCS. :read:
Everyone is super supportive and friendly here. :beerchug:

TCS is like a second home to me and my two boys, Dudley and Parker. We're happy to have you onboard. :salam:

:bouquet: