Hey everyone

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been here for a long time! I am doing good. I finished my chemo in August and I am getting another drug which targets a certain gene that caused my cancer. It is not chemo but is in the same class. Therefore my hair is growing back. I am wating on approval for my corrective surgery. I will be glad when all this is over. I will complete in August. I hope to hear that I am cancer free then.

I started working again in January after my disability ran out. I hate my job but at least I am working.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been here for a long time! I am doing good. I finished my chemo in August and I am getting another drug which targets a certain gene that caused my cancer. It is not chemo but is in the same class. Therefore my hair is growing back. I am wating on approval for my corrective surgery. I will be glad when all this is over. I will complete in August. I hope to hear that I am cancer free then.

I started working again in January after my disability ran out. I hate my job but at least I am working.
Glad to hear from you!  And so glad to hear that you are doing better and back at work.

What is the name of the medication that you are taking? Is it a daily pill or a monthly intravenous one?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back! I've been following your progress on FB, but it's good to see you posting here, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Herceptin is the drug. I was getting it once a week but now every three weeks. It is intravenous.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear your progress. I was thinking about you recently and was going to post to see if anyone heard from you. If you are on Facebook pls send me a frend request. (Lana Rudner).

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yay you! 
 It's wonderful to see a post from you....it's been a while. It sounds like you're doing so well and I'm so glad. I've been wondering how you were doing. 
 You are looking great!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap: It's coming in nice and thick, too. Are your taste buds back to normal?
Yeah, it is coming in thick and wavy. It was thick before and even thicker now. My tastebuds are coming back but I like different foods now. I find some things too sweet and I like cooked broccoli! LOL

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear your progress. I was thinking about you recently and was going to post to see if anyone heard from you. If you are on Facebook pls send me a frend request. (Lana Rudner).
Lana, I sent you a request.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So good to hear from you, & hear the good news!  I was just on the phone w/ my mom & read her your post,

(sense I shared your story w/ her & she sent you one of the cancer bags she makes,sense she had it) 

(    This October will be 10 yrs. sense my mom had her surgery!)

Congratulations! Stay strong, your doing great!!   

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad to see you posting here now. Your picture is so sweet looking and your hair is really looking nice. I hope that you continue to improve and do well.