Hey Everyone

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey y'all,

I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. I know I haven't been active at all lately here at TCS, but the past few several months have not been the greatest and I haven't had the desire or energy to do much of anything I don't have to do. When I am feeling half way decent, I'm busy trying to catch up with things around the house and all. Randall's been in the hospital several times the past few months, and I've been dealing with my own health issues, which have left me pretty drained physically, mentally, & emotionally. Worrying over Randall's situation hasn't helped any. It didn't help any that in September, all my furkids (with the exception of BlackJack) somehow picked up a URI and got really sick - especially Winchester, Samurai, & Salem (I almost lost all three of them). Needless to say, I was worried sick over them: thank the Lord that my vet let me run a bill for their medical care (bless her sweet, precious heart
). I don't know what I would have done if she wouldn't have been so kind about everything, because with all that's been going on (including Randall not being able to work for several months) we've been hurting financially. I've also been pretty sad & bummed out over losing my precious Maverick: it's really been hard on me. He was the "love of my life" kitty, and I miss him horribly.
Things just aren't the same around here without him - even with having 11 other furkids in the house. There's just no replacing him.

I've been trying to keep my chin up over everything because I know things could always be worse, but it's taken its toll on me. I guess I'm not a young spring chicken anymore and can't deal with things like I once was able to.

In any case, I just wanted to say hi to y'all, and I hope everyone's doing fine.

Tiff

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, it can be really hard to want to communicate when so much is assualting you.

Whatever happened with the disability?

And Thank Goodness for wonderful vets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've missed you!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for everything you're going through...I remember when you lost Maverick and I knew how special he was to you.
You simply can't replace those heart babies.

Thank goodness you have a wonderful vet who was able to help you through the furkids being so sick.

I hope things will get better for you and I hope that Randall's health situation (and yours, too) will improve.

Sending you lots and lots of

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You certainly have been through the wringer. But, you have a good attitude and I hope things are calming down for you.

It takes its toll on us loosing our
kitties.

that we see you more around here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Yeah, it can be really hard to want to communicate when so much is assualting you.
Yeah, worrying affects your health which needless to say, leaves you drained.
There are days when it sucks the life out of me just taking a shower.

Whatever happened with the disability?
My disability case was approved about two years ago - and I thank the Lord it was because with Randall not working, we'd really be in a bind.

And Thank Goodness for wonderful vets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thank the Lord every day for my vet.
Without her, I think we would have lost all the furkids, and I'd definitely be in a sanitarium some where.
A person's heart can take just so much pain...

We've missed you!
Awww, shucks!
I've missed y'all, too.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, obviously I'm a little behind or my memory's slipping (re: disability), but I'm so glad it was approved! I remember what a nightmare they put you through!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to see you back! Sorry to hear everything's been quite rough lately .... many heading your way that things start going in an upward, positive direction. You sound like you have an absolutely amazing vet and I'm glad she was able to help you and your furkids get through a scary time.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear things have been so rough for you and hope the new year is much, much better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

I'm so sorry for everything you're going through...I remember when you lost Maverick and I knew how special he was to you.
You simply can't replace those heart babies.
So very true: there's no replacing those very special heart babies.
I thought by now I'd be to the point where I wouldn't be missing Maverick so darn much, but I think about him every day. I still can't watch his videos or look at his pix because every time I do I break down crying.
I think the hole in my heart would begin to heal quicker if I let BlackJack into it more than I have, because he's so much like Maverick that it's downright spooky - not only resemblance-wise, but also purrsonality-wise. He even likes to borrow under the covers with me like Maverick used to do. But I'm afraid to let him in because I don't want to feel that hurt again if I were to lose him. Sad but true. I'd be a basket case as it is if I lost any of the others - especially Geronimo, Winchester, Jinxy, & Samurai. They have a special place in my heart, too.
But I digress....

Thank goodness you have a wonderful vet who was able to help you through the furkids being so sick.
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. She is one special vet (and person): one of those kind of vets that everyone should have. I think the world of her.

I hope things will get better for you and I hope that Randall's health situation (and yours, too) will improve.

Sending you lots and lots of
I appreciate your well wishes, Winchester.
Randall's doing better since he had heart stents put in, but now he's having more problems again with his diabetes (which is partially his own fault because he won't follow doctor's orders!
). I have my good & bad days: if my blood pressure gets out of whack, I have all kinds of problems and feel awful. The situation with my back has gotten much worse too unfortunately, which I'm sure is having an effect on everything else.

However, things could always be worse! There are plenty who having a lot more troubles...

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
great that you are here again dear Tiff...

Originally Posted by KittKatt

I've also been pretty sad & bummed out over losing my precious Maverick: it's really been hard on me. He was the "love of my life" kitty, and I miss him horribly.
Things just aren't the same around here without him - even with having 11 other furkids in the house. There's just no replacing him.

Tiff
I know what you mean my friend,....

sending lot of vibes......