Hey Bookworms! Check this out!

lucia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did sign up for the book program and registered 2 books.
Now I'm trying to figure out where to put them. I figured I'd put a book in a ziplock bag and thought I saw a good location to leave one outside under quite a bit of ivy growth, but there was a cop abt 10 feet away, and I didn't want him to think I was planting a bomb lol. (Or take me to Bellevue Psych, which was just down the block lol.)

I live in a large apartment complex now. Where I lived before, in a small building on a fairly quiet street, I would leave stuff on a fence by the building (like clothes I didnt want anymore) and a lot of the time I think they were picked up by people who could use them.
I know a few young people who furnished half of their apartments by picking up stuff that other folks put out on the street. (They have a verb for it: trash-picking lol)
I can't do that here though.

lucia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by SkyKitty
Thanks for posting this Hissy, I definately have a ton of books that I no longer need. I also have quite a few books that I would never ever even think of parting with! LOL

Our local library is also looking for used books. They will take any book they can get a hold of. Unfortunately, most small town libraries are always looking for books to be donated as the monies provided to small town libraries is little next to none.

For those people on the site who have books, think about donating them to your local library. One day a child might thank you!

I grew up literally on the block where this library is, and have a strong emotional attachment to it, since reading was my refuge from a nutsy family when I was young. I brought them mostly hardcover books, and some paperbacks, but when I walked around the stacks later, I didnt see a fiction paperback section, which I thought they did have. They do hold book sales though, so they can always sell them. Even in NYC, every penny counts for the libraries. They get some money from a foundation that supports the library system, but they get most of the $$ from the city budget, and if it comes to cutting library spending or NYPD/FDNY funding, the library isn't going to be the winner.