hes smarter than i thought.

bfguru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last night our new kitten was very much so missing mamma and cried all night. I've not introduced them as I don't know if rescue did leukemia or fiv tests on her. So they are separated until I know she's clear.

Any way, my big boy kept pawing at the door when she cried and it sounded like he was running into the door over and over again. Right when I went to check on him, the door burst open and he ran in to find the noise.

Smartly pants just figured out how to turn a doorknob and open the door. I may not be able to keep them separate for long.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If your kitten came from a rescue, chances are that she was already tested for FIV/FeLV.  Perhaps you should let the kitten sleep with you so she is quiet and happy tonight.  She isn't used to being alone and that has to be upsetting to her.  If she can't sleep with you and your cat actually likes her, then let them be together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bfguru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I believe foster mom did a trap neuter release on mom and babies. I can't get a clear answer, but on the organization web page it doesn't indicate testing was done like with their official adoptions. The paper from the rescue clinic has vaccines and spay on it, nothing more. I'm trying to get a hold of them but may just call my vet and set up an appointment. Problem being, I just emptied my bank account on rent so appointment may need to wait until the tenth which is payday lol.

She seems to be doing better tonight .I haven't heard as much crying. And my daughter isn't begging me to help (she wants to.Keep the kitten in her room). Trust me, she is getting plenty of snuggles. I tried letting her sleep on my chest last night, but the poor dear was too worked up and couldn't settle. Last I checked tonight she was pouncing pillows lol.

It's transitioning ok. She had a death grip on my hand earlier kneading it,nibbling and sucking on my fingers. So much for being weaned haha. She's 10-11 weeks and mamma is spayed now so I know she has been.

I was just amazed my big boy managed to get the door open. He is a smart boy. Albeit fat, and I may wait until she gains more weight to introduce them lest he sit on her and squash her.

Last edited: