He's Leaving for Iraq March 25th

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear you'll have to be without him. My mom has always told me that when you're scared for someone or something on a journey they're taking or whatever, wrap them in white light. Just picture him being wrapped up in white light that will protect him on his journey. I've always done this and it has always brought me a sense of comfort. Somehow actually picturing it as clearly as you can can bring a sense of peace. Be strong, we will all be praying with you throughout the next year.

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my husband is over there now as well... he was actually supposed to leave yesterday... he called me and told me he couldnt, for reasons he couldnt tell me over the phone... it is scary to think about what is going on over there and that they are in the middle of it... this is the second time my hubby has gone... the first time he left, i was so distraut and worried i ended up taking anti-depressants for the time he was gone... this time i am okay though... i grew up with my dad in the military, so i am used to the long trips... but there wasnt a war going on when he was over there
i'm sure everything will be okay, try to keep yourself busy so you wont worry so much... there are lots of military wives/girlfriends around here that know exactly whats running through your head and how you are feeling...
i will pray for you and his safe return home to you!

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Robin, I'm so sorry... I know how upset and worried you must be but the best thing you can do for yourself and for your boyfriend is to stay positive... and remember that we are all here for you when you need us!! We are your 24 hour Support system...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Robin, you'll both be in my thoughts this coming year. The job he'll being doing is extremely important - the future of an entire country depends on the mission being successful, so all the military personnel there can be certain of our support, regardless of political views. Whenever you're feeling down, this is the place to turn to - I can say that from experience. Chin up, and enjoy the next few weeks to the fullest!

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about what is going on. You will be in my prayers as every soldier is, for a safe return home to their loved ones at home.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers while he's away... and do remember that, like others have said, you have all of us on TCS to turn to if you need to vent or anything.

Originally Posted by KittyKook

I actually put together a small photo album about a month ago when he first got word that they might be going again. It has all the pictures of us and several of just me....and also some poems I've written over the past year for him. I'm going to give it to him to take with him. I thought I'd also write him some letters ahead of time and stick them in between the photos so he can find them while he's over there.
That photo albums sounds like a sweet idea, especially hiding letters in between the pages. I'm sure he'll appreciate and treasure it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you ALL! It's wonderful to know how many people here understand what I am feeling and even if you don't.....are supportive anyway. This really is the greatest group of people!

For those of you who already have loved ones over there......how do you deal with the loneliness and the fear that something will happen to them? I honestly don't know how I would deal with it if something happens to him. The thought of never seeing him again just scares the hell out of me.