He's home....furr-ever & ever!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, it's so wonderful to see that he's starting the new year with a furrever home! I think maybe Oscar is a good name for an older gent who can be grumpy...

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great b-day present for yourself! I think you and Squishy (that's my pic for a name!) make a great couple. His eyes/facial expression reminds me of Susan's Tiggy. They have the same eyes.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't get on the computer last night, so I didn't know all of this went on.
When I woke up this morning my first thought was of Bailey and you.
I knew today was the day he was to be PTS.
I Prayed that all the Prayers from everyone here would work for that sweet boy the way they've worked so many times in the past.

I couldn't even look at the original thread so I searched your username and when I saw "He's Home" I got
of joy in my eyes.

Bless your heart, your a wonderful and big hearted young Lady.
You're Bailey's angel, you looked past his age and illness and only saw that beautiful boy who deserved a second chance at a happy life and you've given that to him.

As for names, I'm one who always gives my cats people names when I look at his face the first name that comes into my head is Fred.
BUT if I were the kind of person who DIDN'T name cats people names I'd name him Lucky...because that's what he is...Lucky that he found you.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, thank God! My heart was in my chest reading that other thread! You are truly an amazing person, and that is one lucky old man to have you
I vote with the person who suggested Vladimir, haha.. it just seems to fit him. Although "Boris" and "Bruce" are pretty good, too...

tortielover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am actually crying in relief reading this.
In the pictures in the other thread, his eyes cried out for love and they looked so painfully resigned.
In these pictures, they have that wonderful glimmer of life, and hope. This is the best news ever.
I am so, so happy, and I hope he will be for the rest of his life and beyond.

He is a stunning cat.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

As for names, I'm one who always gives my cats people names when I look at his face the first name that comes into my head is Fred.
BUT if I were the kind of person who DIDN'T name cats people names I'd name him Lucky...because that's what he is...Lucky that he found you.
if ever a cat earned the name lucky, it would be this guy

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just heard someone on the radio refer to his cat, whose name is Rufus. I've always liked that name, and your ol' boy does have some red... I think it suits him.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your new addition!

I'm so happy for both of you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Realistically, I should not have brought him home. His mere presence in the house has Ophelia "up in arms" again.... I plugged in her Feliway & she's calmed drastically now. Gotta get a refill for that. Judging by her reaction, this seriously has to be the last one I save. Ophelia's brain will explode if I bring home another kitty. That means no more bottle babies.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Realistically, I should not have brought him home. His mere presence in the house has Ophelia "up in arms" again.... I plugged in her Feliway & she's calmed drastically now. Gotta get a refill for that. Judging by her reaction, this seriously has to be the last one I save. Ophelia's brain will explode if I bring home another kitty. That means no more bottle babies.
Aw.
Poor Ophelia.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I am sorry to hear that Ophelia hasn't taken it well. Fingers crossed you can find an equilibrium.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad you brought this dear boy home with you. I had even checked to see if you were close enough to me to come and get him myself. I was worried that he would have to live out his days in a cage or worse. I wish I had time to read the whole thread now, but I will later. Right now I am just so happy he is with you.