He's facinated with my face!

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recently I found a small kitten that I brought home and added to the family. He had a dramatic kittenhood. Though no one is certain, we speculate that our resident fox found this kitten, brought him to our farm and one way or the other the kitten got away from the fox. What I do know is the kitten had distinctive bite marks on a back leg and wasn't fully weaned from his mother.

He's adapted to our house really well. Apparently, he prefers it to a scary hay barn. Imagine that! He's become really attached to me and seems to be drawn to my face. When he sleeps with me, he lays across my neck. He licks my nose and will take a paw and stroke my face with it. Even being by my side isn't good enough. Last night I had to wake up and move him off my face so I could breathe.

Any thoughts on why he's so fixed on my face?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are his HERO and he is completely in love with you.

That's so sweet!!!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old do you think he is? Kittens thrive from the warmth and heartbeat of their moms, who ever that may be
........Also mom kitty cleans them till they learn to themselves. Sounds as if the kitten is very content! You do need to have a vet visit, there are several parasites and possible diseases the poor baby could bring into your home.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww it sounds as if he's really affectionate and attached to you.

I used to have a problem with Sonic sleeping on my face at night, he had to get over my mouth and nose if possible! He's a super-affectionate kitty and just wanted to be close. Other times he would curl up right in my face and rest his chin on my cheek. Always woke up with neck ache! As he's grown up (he's now 10 months old) he's stopped doing it as often and is more likely to curl up on our legs or beside our chests.

I think it's just that when they are little they all sleep so close and can feel the warmth from their siblings and mum, and feel their breath in their fur, it just gives them a feeling of comfort and closeness.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever seen how cat friends greet each other? First touch noses, then walk past each other, then sniff butts...

Your kitten likes you
He feels secure when you're around, so naturally he cuddles up to you like he would with a momcat. I guess your face seems to him to be the most "you" of any part of you, so he cuddles up to that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Awww it sounds as if he's really affectionate and attached to you.

I used to have a problem with Sonic sleeping on my face at night, he had to get over my mouth and nose if possible! He's a super-affectionate kitty and just wanted to be close. Other times he would curl up right in my face and rest his chin on my cheek. Always woke up with neck ache! As he's grown up (he's now 10 months old) he's stopped doing it as often and is more likely to curl up on our legs or beside our chests.

I think it's just that when they are little they all sleep so close and can feel the warmth from their siblings and mum, and feel their breath in their fur, it just gives them a feeling of comfort and closeness.
That sounds a lot like this guy. He's really sweet with me but a bit shy around other people. I'm having several friends and relatives who are good with cats take turns visiting him so he can socialize. He's doing pretty good. Anyway, he's been a lot of fun. Last night he was sleeping across my neck again. I hope that slows down some because it makes my neck sore too!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The more you show him the world, the more you give him "calm, confident" vibes when you do it, the more calm and confident he'll become!