He's eating almonds. What weird things does you cat eat?

heatherita510

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my kitten martini eats everything. if you turn around for a second, martini will be in your plate checking out what you have. she'll try anything at least once. anytime i'm eating, she sits there begging and crying for my food. the person i got her from claims they never gave her table food, so i'm not really sure where she got this habit from! she also likes to eat random fuzz on the floor. and i caught her eating cotton balls yesterday.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to keep a close eye on them and food, but Chloe seemed very interested in my vegetable soup and kept trying to lick the remainder of it out of the bowl.

mochapenguin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our Kaylee eats everything. We swear she is part dog because I've never seen a cat get into so much food! We can't leave anything out when we're not around because if we turn our backs for a second she'll be in there. Just today she went head-first into an open bag of potato chips when I turned my back! The worst is anything bread-related...before we got her we used to keep our bread wrapped up and on the counter, but now it has to be in the pantry or she'll chew her way into the bag and destroy its contents.

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Junior is picky when it comes to cat food but he'll at least nibble just about any human food I've offered (which isn't much since I'm a picky eater as well). His favorites are chicken, Pringles and cheese though. I tried to give him a piece of banana once and he arched his back and stepped backwards away from it.

Mez

visualkai

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was just eating an almond he found, and I paniced thinking he could get ill from it~ XD

My one 21 year old cat (he had to get put down this year), would eat anything. He would cry and meow until you gave him your food. He ate anything from sour-cream to Chinese food!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie is a fruit eater - peaches are his favs, but he's also eaten strawberries, plums, blueberry (pancakes) and banana

Jack loves blueberry pancakes too but doesn't like the peaches - he's pretty much a foodaholic and wants to sample most anything you are eating.

Both LOVE tapioca pudding!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Genever wants to at least sniff anything you've got, she is very interested in people food but doesn't like to actually eat much of it.

That said, she loves deli ham, when BF opens the packet she comes running. She also has been known to steal a cheeto or a chip and eat it all. Um... popcorn, no kernel. And she likes toast. And once she dove into a bowl of peanuts and went crazy. We only let her have people treats once in a great while though since she seems to have a sensitive tummy.. More often than not she gets treats by stealthy stealing than by us giving them to her....

Yesterday when I was home for lunch, I had a tofurky and soy cheese sandwich (i do eat real cheese but sometimes get soy cheese for sandwiches). I went to the bathroom to blow my nose, and I came back and Genever was on the table, top bread slice off the sandwich, and she was licking/eating the soy cheese! GET OFF THE TABLE!!! Jeez, even I don't really like the soy cheese on its own!

gen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
MarsBar likes tomatoe sauce and raw egg. Calico likes cooked linguini dipped in soy sauce. Tigger likes anything she can snag off your plate.

They all go nuts chewing on celery leaves, spinach and cilantro, but I don't think they swallow so much as chew it up and spit it out. If they can get it my kitties also like vanilla ice cream, powdered milk and bone marrow. They are my little terrors, no grocery bag is safe until they have inspected it, and when I cook, bake, or eat I have to protect the food from them.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grape juice.
Ginger loves it and will steal it from me, though she seems to like anything in my glass better than her "dish" (It's a glass, more specific MY favorite Campbells soup cup!) Its mmm mmm good, she wont drink from a bowl.

Pretzels, she does't eat them as much and maul and kill them. The little bendy ones. It is a death match, Cat vs Small pretzle.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fluffy will eat anything edible. All of mine like bread as well.
When Fred was still with me, he loved to sneak sips of my White Russians. I would not let him have much at all, but after a few tiny sips he would lean against my leg with a big, cheesy grin.

mira's_mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats will eat pretty much anything but beef jerky and french fries are definitely the favorites in my house. Also, Capn' Crunch cereal (it's the only one they really eat instead of just lapping up the milk) and the Hot 'n' Spicy Cheez Its, not the regular kind or any other flavor, the Hot 'n' Spicy ones. I don't know why but they go nuts for 'em.

cleverkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Due to possible health concerns, we don't give our friends access to any "weird" foods. Many foods that humans enjoy can be harmful or even fatal to cats! Better to be safe than sorry.

tiffyrn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I've mentioned it before, Angus will eat almost any human food he can get his mouth near. He was found with my husband's breakfast once bright red strawberry sludge all over his mouth and front paws and lapping up his coffee (it had ream so at least that made sense). He enjoyed several bites of leftovers from Mimi's cafe; orange buttermilk muffin & thai chicken wrap (really liked the peanut sauce). He had tiny bits of a complete thanksgiving dinner, a bite of turkey, a nibble of cornbread dressing and a few licks of pumpkin pie.

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats have a weird "nibbles sense" when it comes to Jerky. It doesn't matter what brand or flavor, or how well I hide it. They KNOW when It's in the house, and Prissy especially will jump up on the counter and paw at the cabinet door, crying until I give her a piece. Rotten animals.

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found out tonight that some of mine LOVE plain l-lysine tablets and salmon or taurine capsules. They think its the best thing in the world.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you name it, if it is food, she will eat it. Salad items, avocados, breads, popcorn, fruits, basically anything she can get into

jappykins

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat snickers is a big fruit fan. He loves peaches, strawberries, pineapple, and manderine oranges. he also loves yogurt. my other two are picky and wont eat any people food