Herpes virus

Nilufer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When do the symptoms of herpes virus begin to appear?
My cat has been sneezing for 5 months and has red watery eyes And when she's playing, she's panting after her But her appetite is good, as she loves movement and looks normal, except during sleep, she gets tired and starts snoring She even gave birth and her kids were sneezing too But the vet said that she does not suffer from the herpes virus, because she has been sick for 5 months, so the disease must become severe if it is a virus

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Even if it isn't herpes, sneezing a lot, panting, and red eyes - those aren't normal. I'd recommend trying another vet.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Even if it isn't herpes, sneezing a lot, panting, and red eyes - those aren't normal. I'd recommend trying another vet.
I completely agree. :agree: It's also worrisome that her kittens are exhibiting the same symptoms. I would definitely consider getting a second opinion and not from another vet in the same practice. Just out of curiosity, does your cat go outdoors?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Herpes is usually caused by stress and it can come and go, but if your kitty has been sick consistently for 5 months, there's something else going on. I would request a PCR URD test (upper respiratory disease) to check for herpes or other upper respiratory things. She could also have airborne allergies and may need to be on an antihistamine or something like that. Do you run scented diffusers or use scented litter or scented powder on the carpets? She could be responding to that as well.