Top Cat
Purraise

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder why the panels behind this man are written in Italian :think:

_105920908_feedingfb2_976.jpg

The words "il gattaro" to the left of the heart mean, in Italian, "the (male) cat-carer", and to the right of the heart "d'Aleppo" means "of Aleppo".

For instance, because I'm a man and I take care of my colony, I am defined as a "gattaro" in my country.
A woman with the same passion would be a "gattara".

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My understanding is that only European aid has been allowed by the various warring factions. It is a real underground effort; I applaud the efforts of all those who are simply trying to aid harmless creatures caught up in conflict.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks mama africa mama africa ,
I have found out that the seat of the organization is in Italy, Cremona. Though most, if not all, of the staff is Arab, they chose an Italian name.
Ernesto, too, is Italian :)
This is still weird...
Antonio65 Antonio65 - You can find the answer in this extract from

Interview: The Cat Man of Aleppo – Prowl & Purr

"(…)"Why did you call the original sanctuary the “House of Cats Ernesto”?
Ernesto is an Italian name and the original Ernesto was the much loved pet of [Alessandra Abidin, the cat sanctuary’s organiser, she’s] from Italy. He died too young and Alessandra was devastated by his death. When she reached out to me after seeing photographs of me feeding the cats in war torn Aleppo, [the original sanctuary] was born. Alessandra speaks Italian, English and Arabic and she helped me communicate with non Arabic speaking people all over the world and our Facebook pages were born. Of course we called the sanctuary after her Ernesto, and one of the first cats there was also called Ernesto in her honour.(…)"