Here's some pics of Kinsey. What breed is she?

kinsey's pet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here are the pics promised. Any theories on what breed she is? Long hair siamese, Balinese? I know her mother was a traditional siamese and her dad looked like her. I guess I am wondering what he was since I know she is 1/2 traditional siamese. Her brothers came out flame point with fur a little shorter than hers but neither of her parents look flame point. Her mom supposedly has flame point some where in her background.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so cute!! She looks like a cat I used to have, Irish (born on St.Patty's day). She is adorable!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She might be 1/2 traditional siamese, but IMO she looks more like a pet quality himalayan. I'll bet her father was a pet quality himalayan. If her father was seal point and there was flame points in the litter then mom was a TORTIE point siamese that was carrying the longhair gene. The mom only had to have a tiny bit of the red color to pass it on. Genetically you can't have two seals produce a red/flame point - it has to show on the cat somewhere - its not a "recessive" color.

BTW the term "flame" points are usually used in himalayan to describe the color. "Red" would be used in balinese or siamese.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kinsey's pet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well the add called them flame points. Both her parents looked seal point and i didnt see any red on the mother but i could have missed it. What makes her look himalayan to you? she doesnt look at all himalayan to me. Her dad definitly looked balinese. I mean i know she isnt pure but i would like to kn ow what to call her. 1/2 traditional siamese and 1/2 ????????

kinsey's pet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did some more research and she is obviously not himalayan. Her legs are too long and her fur is too short. She also doesnt have the flat face. I really think her dad was balinese after seein the pictures and reading online. I just want to be more sure.

kinsey's pet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her eyes are too small her head is too small her neck is too skinny and her ears are too big to be himalayan. I dont see it at all.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The reason I said "PET himi" is that I've seen poor quality himis (in a pet shop) and I showed pedigree and household pet cats. Siamese/Balinese are long slendar cats and even with a "traditional" type, you'd still see the overall body build. Granted I'm only going by photos and not physically evaluating your cat.

A pet quality himi would not have a flat face or short legs - it would be more like your kitten. As you kitten grows, she may wind up with a longer body - I just don't see it now. But I've seen a few poor quality pet himalayns and your kitten right now looks like it.

I also know basic genetics and if the father is a seal point and you have flame points in the litter, the mom HAS to be tortie point. Mom gives the color to all male kittens - so she would have the seal point and the red point colors in her and show it.

The bottom line is that she is loved and she is a very pretty kitty whatever she really is. And the important thing is to spay her as soon as possible.

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Also if mom was siamese and bred with a himi you would get the longer ears and longer nose, but not as long as a siamese..........

I agree on the flames since we bred himi's and the flame (red) has to show up on one parent for it to show up in a kitten. not sure if it just has to show on the mom or what since our male was a flame point and mom was a tortie so we had LOTS of flame point babies. LOL

kinsey's pet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok well then I guess her dad could havce been poor quality himi. Anyway the breeder just called the parents siamese, both of them and I mean they were both pointed cats (seal point) but that doesnt mean they were siamese. I will just call her oreintal, lol. thanks guys.
And she has a very siamese/balinese personality. i just love her i dont care what she is but people keep asking me and i dont know what to say.

kinsey's pet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Yea i saw the add in the paper and went to see the kitties but only her two red point brothers were for sale. They carried them out and I wasnt all that interested but she wadled out against their intentions and I knew i wasnt leaving without her. I basically had to beg and pay 10 more dollars for her, alothough I cant blame them for wanting to keep her. She's sooo sweet and playful. I am so happy they let me have her!!! I have never loved any of my pets this much (I feel bad saying that but it's true)

cat_lover_330

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I didn't have time to go through all of these comments, but I just wanted to say that she is ADORABLE! lol!

bab-ush-niik

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also know basic genetics and if the father is a seal point and you have flame points in the litter, the mom HAS to be tortie point. Mom gives the color to all male kittens - so she would have the seal point and the red point colors in her and show it.
Either that or they had a second litter from another momma cat and didn't tell you...

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mica is a Lilac point Balinese and as you can see that she is very similar to an old style siamese with long fur.

I thought your kitty looked more like a himi with a cobby-like body but I could be wrong. She is stunning though!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sims,

Your liliac bali is very pretty too - and I can tell instantly its a bali - old fashioned or not.

So that's the reason why, I too, say that Kinsey is more himi then balinese

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's a pretty seal tortie point something. LOL She's most likely a siamese himi mix, or maybe more breeds mixed in, but gorgeous.