Here's Some interesting Behavior - touching/biting

fingerlakes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lola my Himalayan loves to be brushed and will annoy me FOREVER until I brush her. She's never liked her belly touched and will go zombie on you if you touch it. She recently started rolling on her back when being brushed and allowed me to brush her whole underside. It surprised me, so while brushing I started lightly scratching and rubbing her stomach with my hand. ZOMBIE mode....she tweaked and bite me quite good! Only thing I can think of is that she had a traumatizing event with her belly and I think it was with matted hair. She was given up for adoption and I adopted her.  I noticed she had a lot of hair missing from her underside when I got her. Had to be from hair mats.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats dont like having their belly touch as it one of most sensitive parts on their body

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fingerlakes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, but she will let me brush it with a prickly brush. My hand? NO WAY.

Last edited:

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone knows you never, ever rub a kitty's belly. Ever. It's a death trap, and part of their world domination plans. 

A brush and your hand may very well be two completely different feeling/sensation to her.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, ir part of their world domination plans

When a cat expose her belly to you, its one of most sincere compliment you can get from a cat, it means she trusts you

kencolleen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree it's a trap don't fall for it. Lol Mr McGoofy will expose his stomach all the time. he wants Two swipes long ones then watch out he has had enough. he just puts his mouth over my hand to let me know enough is enough.

kencolleen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he likes to sleep next to me on his back. But rarely does he like me petting it often. actually spends most of time on his back when he's with me.not strange behavior at all.I believe they get over stimulated[ATTACHMENT=779][ATTACHMENT=780]20140828_152132_2.jpg (1,966k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited: