Here's a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandmother. She is recovering from a stroke & can't speak. Because of the stroke she has lost her home, her cats (they went to great homes) and her independance. She will have to remain at a nursing home. Thru it all, she seems to have come thru with her spirit intact.

If you were given 1 wish from a genie what would it be?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it would probably be for money, not because I'm materially fixated, but because there is so much good that could be done with it. I could help my family who are struggling, as well donate to many, many charities.

what's the one thing (with the exception of the basics) that you can't live without?

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Adymarie, I am so sorry to hear about your grandma, I know how hard it is to see the ones you love suffer strokes, I lost both my parents that way, my prayers are with your grandma.

The one thing I can't live without: LOVE!!! If it be from my hubby, my pets, my step-kids, or my friends, I just can't live without love. I can lose anything else, but as long as I have love I will survive.

Question: What is the one thing you regret never doing when you had the chance?

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On a Friday in September, 1984, I believe it was the 21 but perhaps the 20, my dad called me at a job I hated and asked me to call his girlfriend and tell her that he was going to be late picking her up for their vacation. I told him I would, and then didn't make the call because I didn't really want to talk to her. I figured, if anyone said anything, I'd say I got sidetracked by work. On September 22, he died of a heart attack, while taking a nap on vacation.

I would dearly love to go back and call that woman, so that I didn't lie to him during our last conversation.

Did you go to college? What was your major and do you currently work in that field?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to college. A couple different ones actually. Went to a junior college and got 2 associate degrees, one in broadcasting and one in broadcast sales (which is doing radio or television sales). Then I transferred to Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana (where David Letterman graduated from)where I picked up my bachelor of general studies with a minor in speech communication. I didn't want to spend more than 4 years total in college (although if I knew then, what I know now, I would have taken my time. college was the best time of my life) and doing the general studies option was the easiest way to do that. I have my degree, which gets me in the door where I need it and I can sell myself, so it made the most sense.

I studied telecommunications, and I thought I would end up working at a radio or television station, but instead I work in the music biz and I deal with radio stations and record labels. So I guess in a way I kind of work in the field I studied. Just in an offshoot of it I guess.

I love my job and I'm extremely blessed to get to do some of the things I do. If it all went away tomorrow, I've still accomplished much more than I ever thought I could. Now if I could just get the rest of my life in order

next question~

If you watch Seinfeld, what's your favorite episode?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Without a doubt: The Contest! I have never laughed so hard at an episode of tv. I can still remember the first time I saw it.

Q: Can a person be religious if he doesn't go to church?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely! You don't need to sit in a church to know God. Some people just think you do. I find God in nature and in people I love and want to be with. We are the church of God, not some building and that is where religious tolerance and respect for other beliefs come into play.

If you could rewrite one period in World History what period would that be?

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gees, there is alot of answers I need to answer.
1- I believe in ghosts, but refer to them as spirits.
2-My hero is my grandma who is in heaven. I admire her for the many things she has done in her life.
3-If I were the president of the United States, I'd have spay and neuter mandatory and to have free education for everyone. Especially college.
4-World History,the americans taking over Indian land.
5-My regret is marrying my one true love instead of my exhusband who I never really love(don't ask because I can't answer. I don't even know why either.).
6-I can't live without religion.
7- My favorite alchoholic drink is Tequila!!!!!
8-If I can possess one famous painting it would be the Last Supper.
9-I have never got arrested. I am a goody-to-shoe.
10- If I could have one thing for Christmas, it would be a house!
11-The one trait that I find irritating of people is when they smoke infront of me(no offense to smokers here). I think it would really help if they ask me if I mind their smoking around me. I have to either ask them to smoke a few feet from me, or I'd move because the smoke gets me sick.)

Question: If Mr. Rorck(I can't spell)came and invited you to Fantasy Island, what would your fantasy be?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll keep this one easy for Mr. Rourke: happiness, true happiness.

Q: Do you feel changed by September 11, or has your life pretty much gone back to normal?

(This doesn't count any NYC members who live with this thing "in their faces" every day).

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I feel more proud of living in this great nation. I love America and all it stands for.

Question: What is your favorite winter activity?

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Building snowmen with my kids, and having snowball fights with my Hubby (even though he throws too hard
)

Q- Do you condone the use of tanning beds or do you consider it unhealthy?

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's unhealthy because I think tanning in general is unhealthy. Although, I suppose if you are very pale and you are headed some place tropical, it's probably a good precaution against an actual burn, which could be much worse. And Just because I wouldn't do it, doesn't mean other people should be denied access.

What is absolute all-time your favorite desert?

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mexican custard or flan. I get a box of goya custard mix. You have to melt a cup of sugar in a sauce pan until brown. Then put the sauce in a cake pan and coat it. Then you mix the package with milk until its blended really well and almost boiling. Then you add the mixture into the cake pan and refrigarate until its firm. When its firm, you flip it over onto a plate. Really Good!!!

Question: What was the best gift you received?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best gift I ever received was a ticket to an Elton John/Billy Joel concert. It was totally unexpected.

Q: What everyday thing/chore makes you stop and appreciate what you have? Example: Every time I do a load of laundry, I feel grateful for my house (a result of too many trips to an apartment complex laundry room).

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeding my cats, or even changing the litterbox
because it makes me think of how lucky I am to have my little bundles of love!

What is the most selfless thing you've ever done for another person?

amaretto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That one's easy. I drove all night to take an ex-boyfriend to his father's hospital room when he was dieing and drove that same ex-boyfriend to his sister's funeral, stayed with him, went to the funeral, visited with the "ex" family and drove him home.

If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be?

jin & spawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ANY job? Definately pit crew member of a NASCAR Winston Cup driver... preferably Jeff Gordon's team.

Would you ever pose nude for a magazine? LOL!

julieb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's the dilemma... if I was old enough that I didn't care what anyone thought of me (no job to risk, no kids to offend, etc.), I'd be so old that nobody would want to see me naked!

So, I'll have to say no... regretfully... (hee hee)

Question: for those who are coupled, are you still friends with any ex-whatevers, and what does your current think of it?

amaretto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
uh oh, Julie got there first but here was my posing nude answer: If I looked like one of my daughters I would, but don't give them that idea.

now to answer Julie: He wouldn't want me to be friends with my ex-husband but he would allow it, however, my ex has nothing to do with his kids. We have to be friends with his ex, for the kids. She makes it pretty easy though. I do too, I am a great step-mom even with the wicked step-mom wart!

What one thing are you most proud of?

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, either no one here is proud of anything (I doubt that) or we've temporarily stalled. (reaches for cardiac shock paddles to revive thread)

Anyway, as each day goes by, I'm more and more proud of my son (9 y.o.). I learn more about being a Dad from him than anywhere else.

Does the thought of a bidet (and using one) make you laugh? (It makes me chuckle)

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.