Here I am!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But, not for long. I am hurting and getting sleepy again. I have slept off and on all day.....and plan to go to bed here shortly(after I eat my chocolate malt)
Hope you all have had a good day. I will be on tomorrow Im sure.

BTW-the surgery went fine.
My poor lips are numb and I think my cheeks are starting to swell, other than that, Im good.
Thank you to all of you who wished me well.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son had to keep moist heat on his mouth and stuff when he had his wisdom teeth cut out. I think it is supposed to help from getting some kind of pockets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

My son had to keep moist heat on his mouth and stuff when he had his wisdom teeth cut out. I think it is supposed to help from getting some kind of pockets.
Yup-dry sockets. They say smoking and using straws can cause those! *ouch*

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Yup-dry sockets. They say smoking and using straws can cause those! *ouch*
I knew it was some kind of pockets, I just couldn't remember what kind. It had been several years since my son had his wisdom teeth cut out.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See i got lucky I was only at risk for one dry socket, and well infections in the rest were stitches were
and well I am a smoker
But luckily I didnt get anything, and all went fine

But

I am glad everything went well for u, and glad to hear from u tonite
! I was thinking bout u today! But here are some quick recovery vibes coming ur way

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dry sockets can happen from anything...not just from smoking or sucking motions.....it depends on the person

Anyways glad to hear all is well! Eat lots of jello and ice cream and get lots of rest

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH had his cut out last year, all four of them. He was so confused after coming out of anesthesia, the poor thing.

Don't forget to take you pain meds, and maybe even consider putting a towel over your pillow (or at least change it to a dark case) in case you happen to bleed in your sleep. I hope you get to feeling better and your mouth doesn't get too sore, and good luck with the soft foods for a few days.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear everything went well! Take care of yourself and don't push it. A co-worker of mine had hers cut out last friday and tried to come back to work on tuesday. Needless to say she didn't stay long. I feel for you. Just take it easy for a few days.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an ice pack against my face - and had ice-cream for supper. Sounds like we are both going to make it after all.

I did think of you today!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monica, just caught this! I hope that you feel better soon!! Pain-killers are your friends!!
get well soon vibes coming your way!!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Told you that you would do well! It's not so bad either is it? MMMMM enjoy that chocolate malt and a vicadin/perk! I feel your past concern... I hate going to the dentist I have to take 2000mg of amoxicillin pills in one sitting an hour before I go everytime opr they won't touch me, which is harsh on my stomach (resulting in me feeling not so hot in the chair)!!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww all over and done - just get yourself back to normal and we'll soon be seeing you flying around these forums again

Hope you have a good rest