Hepatic lipidosis--anyone have experience with tube feeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is unbelievable.  Patches had the same type of stretchy bandage over the gauze bandage, I remember it was red and the vet stuck a little pink heart to it.  Nothing like that happened to Patches.  This is the kind of thing an inexperienced person with no training would do.  Each state has their own procedure for filing a complaint.  I know Ohio has a form that can be downloaded, filled out and mailed.  They actually require that complaints be made in writing, I would include a copy of the this from the ER vet.  You were lucky that the ER vet was so forthcoming in the written report.  

moochy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Denice. I downloaded the form and I have most of it filled out. I'm going to call the licensing board tomorrow. Everybody at the Emergency Vet Clinic was shocked and sickened by what they saw.

Stubby never recovered from that nightmare. She could only take very short rapid breathes after that choking spandex was removed. And she was so weak that she staggered for ten steps and then lost her breathe and collapsed. She just got weaker and weaker and I could only pray for a miracle.

I tried to remove the bandage but it was on so tight that I could only peal off about 3 inches of tape. I didn't have the tools to cut it off. I wanted to cut through from the top but I was worried about cutting into Stubby. The bandage was on so tight that the ER vet said it left a deep impression on the skin on Stubby's neck and throat.

And that vet didn't even say that he was sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.