HELPPPPPP lol

jillie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congrats! I'm glad she is well and the kittens are here :anxiously waiting to see pictures:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sadosi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you every for the advice for me to help the stray pregnant cat, she had her four babies 3 days ago and now im here with pics!!!
3 DAYS OLD!!

My favorite kitten - Amber

Gazer - my Bros fave

Pacey - my sister's fave

Stripes - my neighbor's fave

Meatball and her four kitties!

thanks eveyone, will continue to take pics when they get older
ill take pics friday!

sadosi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 2 questions regarding the newborn kittens which are 4 days old now
here are the questions

When they sleep they twitch kinda a lot, but not a lot alot just a lot is this normal?
2nd question
and since meatball isnt pregnant anymore, how can i get her to like my other 2 girl cats? they all absolutely hate eachother!!! lol
thanks

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, twitching in their sleep is natural. They're dreaming.

Mama cat will be nervous about any other animals around her kittens, for at least a while.

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi,

Newborn kittens twitch and jerk a lot mainly because it helps develop their muscular skeletal and nervous system. It's a really good sign, so don't worry. Also, perhaps at the same time, they are dreaming away too ...

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sadosi, the twitching is normal
Those little neurons are connecting

Where are the pictures? LOL I've been looking for them and I need to see
No pressure though

The other cats probably won't be able to get close to your new momma until the kittens are no longer needing protection from mom. Once mom leaves the nest for longer periods of time, I would supervise very short intros to your other cats. It will take some time, but they do come around

Good luck.

sadosi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i made a thread for the pics meatball's kitten pics i think

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Duh, I HAVE seen them then!! I didn't even pay attention to your name as the poster.....man, I'm tired LOL

They are so darn cute, I am so jealous. They are just precious little furballs that even the Grinch would fall hopelessly in love with.

Have fun with them, and it's great that you are handling them so they are socialized.

Susan

sadosi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks ! lol
Im so impatient though, i want them to become 1 month old so i can play with them and watch them be even cuter!
i hope none of them dies tho

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, the little kitten twitches! So cute. They'll do that for at least a few weeks, if mine are any indication!

I wouldn't even bother trying to let mom interact with other cats for 5-6 weeks, minimum. Ms Friskers is thoroughly violent towards any other kitties right now, at 4 and a half weeks, and shows no signs of being placated.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes its normal for the little twitching in their sleep. And they do sleep a lot in the first couple of weeks.

As far as getting along, mom cats will be very defensive for about a month or so after the kittens are born. When she's ready to "introduce" her kittens to other cats, they will get along. That may take 4-6 weeks.

If it upsets mom, keep the other adult cats away from her. Don't try to force them to like each other. I do hope you are planning on getting mom spayed soon. Do not let her out while nursing kittens - she will get pregnant again.

You can handle and play with the kittens from the time they are born as long as its not too much and you don't take them out of sight of mom. The earlier they experience handling and humans the quicker they learn to trust and are not skittish and afraid. You don't have to wait till they are a month old to handle them.

rotobay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Sadosi,

My dog befriended a stray cat who turned out to be pregnant so we adopted her. Long story short, the dog and cat were BEST buddies. The dog was even right there while kitty gave birth..BUT...soon after the mama cat turned on our dog and would attack her at every opportunity. My poor dog who is totally sweet and docile was thoroughly confused by this.

Well, the kittens are now 8 weeks old and the cat and dog are best friends again. Soooo I think a cat with young kittens to protect is just instinctually hostile to any other animal. I think she will perceive your other cats as potential predators until the kittens are a little older. Not much you can do about it, but wait it out. But meanwhile, enjoy those kittens!!

sadosi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks for the replies yall!
much appreciated! they are 5 days old now, and what i mean bout them being a month old, i mean i wish they were so i can play with the and watch them play, right now they cant even see or walk straight so yea lol

sadosi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also have another question,
in the mom's belly it feels like another kitten is in there? a big hump and hard spot is always in a different spot?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you suspect another kitten, you need to get mom to the vet. A retained, possible dead kitten will cause infection and she will have to stop nursing kittens, and it could kill her (the infection). Also if she cannot nurse those kittens YOU have to start bottle feeding 24/7. So get her in now - don't wait.

Hopefully its just excess milk but don't take any chances!