helping my declawed outdoor cat..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

drew345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

What confuses me is that you seem more willing to subject your can to more surgery before you'd make him indoor only.
WHAT!? When did I subject him to surgery?? and when did I say anything about MORE? Most prosthetic devices these days attach to the missing limb..

What confuses me is how people can post on threads they didn't read and can pass judgment on people they don't even know.

Declawing is a horrible thing. Its mutilation. If I had every finger amputated at the 3rd joint (human equivalent) I'd loose my lively hood and would be having a hell of a time composing this response. I have seen prosthetics work wonders in humans and other animals.

emmylou

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, if a cat is attacked by a dog, I don't think having four clawed paws or two makes much difference. Of course that's assuming packs of wild dogs are roaming this neighborhood.

I wonder whether my cat could even climb a tree. I've never seen him try, and I wouldn't lay bets on it. Different animals have different capacities.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Drew345

WHAT!? When did I subject him to surgery?? and when did I say anything about MORE? Most prosthetic devices these days attach to the missing limb..

What confuses me is how people can post on threads they didn't read and can pass judgment on people they don't even know.

Declawing is a horrible thing. Its mutilation. If I had every finger amputated at the 3rd joint (human equivalent) I'd loose my lively hood and would be having a hell of a time composing this response. I have seen prosthetics work wonders in humans and other animals.
I never said the YOU subjected him to the declaw.

I did read the post and in case your unsure, the general idea of a message board is to get and give ones opinion... and yes, typically these people are strangers. I was not passing judgment and I'm sorry if you took it that way.

Apparently I wasn't thinking clearly when I read prosthetic or was confused because I didn't see how such a small prosthetic could exist or work. A cat's claws are such a delicate and small part and anything attached to the paw to replicate them would likely be awkward and cumbersome.

With that... I'm out... and I sincerely hope that things calm down in the kitty neighborhood.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have to understand that many of us deal with people who mutilate cats regularly then dump them in shelters. Go search the forums for my username & "Bea".....the ultimate horror story on declawing.

I can't tell you how many cats that are declawed that have come in as strays, because they are unable to defend themselves, severly injured or deathly skinny. It sucks to sit there as they die, the look of terror in their eyes, & you can't explain or understand why their owner tossed them outside. (I'm assuming that's how you got this kitty, someone got tired of him & "tossed him aside".
)