Helping My Blind Cat

kitty0930

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my close friend's cat, who I adore so much (the cat and the person), just went blind, he's that age. He lost his hearing a while ago and his sight was starting to go, but his sight officially went a few weeks ago. He's having a hard time, I know he'll adjust, but I was wondering if there's anything that would boost his mood. We've given him a blanket so that he can find his usually resting spot by the fridge. We've also had to put down towels in case he can't find the litter box. What else can we do to boost morale? You can tell he's super bummed out.

Thanks.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother rescued an elderly cat and he didn't realise kittie was blind for quite a while. In other words, they do adapt, it's just a matter of time.
As far as cheering him up at the moment, maybe someone with the same issue will advise soon.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
His world is now going to be a world of scents and textures. Make that as full and interesting for him as you can. Buy bulk catnip and spread it on things that he loves, to help him find them, that might help. Add texture where ever you can. He will adjust, but it will take time.