HELP!!!

s.mrhd88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kinda freaking out ... my 5 month old kittens (they are litter mates) got spayed 5 days ago. They were very angry and irritable (even with each other) for about 48 hrs after ... then perfect for a day and now Nellie is throwing up thick yellow (she must be eating somewhat of the dry food i have out caz its in her puke) and has had diharrea. She's not acting off personality wise and they arent lethargic or anything and theres no outside sign of infection and was playing last night (night 4) ... She's drinking ok ... but here's what's tripping me out the most... they get 1 can of Reveal brand cat food for breakfast (which has nothing in it besides what it says ... i.e. Tuna Fillet is juss tuna and fish broth) and they've been eating that since the day I brought them home and it's their ABSOLUTE FAV!!! Nellie ate until today (day 5). When that happened I started getting worried. Any advice is appreciated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

s.mrhd88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here's the babies
Nellie is the darker of the 2
20230819_224016.jpg

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry your kitten is ill. Did you have them spayed at a regular vet or was it a spay clinic?

Is there anything they could have got into?
Any flowers or plants in the house?
Anyone at home on any topical medication?
Any change in cleaning products or anything you can think of?

How do the incisions look?

Did the vet prescribe any pain medication for you to give at home?

Do these cats play with hair ties or rubber band that they may have accidentally eaten?

Regardless of any of this, they need to go to the vet for a checkup. I would bring both kittens in at the same time to try to avoid the stress of taking one away and then bringing back home. I think if they go together, they tend to windup smelling the same and it decreases the cat drama when you get home.

They are both very cute little cats.

s.mrhd88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
FEELING MORE OPTOMISTIC TODAY!!!
:hyper::hyper::hyper:
They both are eating better and drinking more and Nellie is NOT throwing up and diharrea hasn't been an issue at all today either!!!

s.mrhd88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry your kitten is ill. Did you have them spayed at a regular vet or was it a spay clinic?

Is there anything they could have got into?
Any flowers or plants in the house?
Anyone at home on any topical medication?
Any change in cleaning products or anything you can think of?

How do the incisions look?

Did the vet prescribe any pain medication for you to give at home?

Do these cats play with hair ties or rubber band that they may have accidentally eaten?

Regardless of any of this, they need to go to the vet for a checkup. I would bring both kittens in at the same time to try to avoid the stress of taking one away and then bringing back home. I think if they go together, they tend to windup smelling the same and it decreases the cat drama when you get home.

They are both very cute little cats.
Thanks for getting back to me ... good news . Feeling better today!!! And the incisons have some hard lumps but no redness or oozing and I was told with more active acts those hard lumps are common due to the immune system over working because they are more active ... there's no way I could these 2 from doing anything ... they didn't jump to much but they are 5 MO th old kitties... kinda impossible!!! Lol they are both eating as we speak!!! And they drank almost a half of bowl of water today which is wayyyyy more than the last 2 days. So hopefully they ... especially Nellie keeps it up!!! I'll keep u posted!!! Oh and thanks they are pretty darn cute huh???