HELP

Hadikaka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A week ago, my cat's lower lip became swollen. The doctor said you have to wait and see what it is?!!! The doctor is on vacation and I have to wait until Tuesday. I am very worried and anxious. He is my whole life. Does anyone know what this inflation is about?

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It looks like it could be an indolent ulcer, commonly referred to as a rodent ulcer (nothing to do with rodents, though). One of the causes can be from dishes that 'absorb' bacteria, such as plastic, even if they are cleaned frequently. If that is your case, change the dishes to ceramic or stainless steel, and still keep cleaning them often. These type ulcers are often treated with a steroid shot, and if they have become infected your cat may also need antibiotics too.

It can also be caused by food allergies. So, if there has been a recent change in his food, that could explain it as well - although, cats can become allergic to foods they have been eating for a while too.

I know it is easier said than done, but you might want to consider another vet - the one you saw doesn't seem to want to be very helpful.
What to Know About Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex in Cats (webmd.com)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hadikaka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello
Thank you for asking how she is
I managed to get him to the vet yesterday and he was diagnosed with EGC. Injection of antibiotics and antiparasitic drugs. The ear was washed because it was infected. No change has been seen in him yet and we have to wait. The doctor said this disease is long.:(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hadikaka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you 🐱