help!

memowithkittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat batrisha has given birth to three beautiful baby, one which i’ve lost and they two left are 7 weeks old and at that playful age where they play and rarely nurse, on the other hand my cat echo just gave birth to two pretty kittens but six hours before that she happened to nurse batrisha’s kittens which seemed fine with me till she had her babies delivered later on and she is barely giving them any attention, they’ll scream and meow but all she wants to do is go grab batrisha’s babies to bring them back to her nest, i’ve tried stopping her, being with her while she breastfeeds, separating them, nothing is working, she is just meowing nonstop to the point that she pants and looks stressed :(
(pls don’t judge me for the pregnancies, i live in a country where finding a vet to spay my cats is something very hard, they all neuter males and rarely aswell)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she will not nurse the new kittens, can you give them to the other mom to nurse? They must have a mother and nurse regularly and stay warm. Perhaps in time Echo will accept her new babies.

memowithkittens memowithkittens

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with above. If the moms will coparent both batches it could be swell. Echo apparently gof fancy in the older kittens, and thinks they are hers...

Otherwise, if this doesnt work out, you must prepare to handfeed these two...

do you have access to goats milk, preferably raw? Goats milk is a good alternative to kmr. IF you have difficult to get good kmr...