Help.

Sadafraza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys,
I’m a new cat owner. So I’m all new to this. I’ve two beautiful kittens Simba and Loki. They’re both male and 5 months old. So today simba was sleeping beside me and I could see his private part.
I noticed there was a drop of liquid coming out of his pp. I was actually confused so I got up and got some tissue to clean it up but then I noticed there was another drop and eventually it kinda dripped down and got more and more frequent. I panicked and picked him up took him to his litter box.
I’m really confused about this. I don’t know what actually happened because this never happened before. Did he basically pee on himself kinda thing? I’ve heard of spraying but idk if this is it.
Please help me with this. I don’t know if I should be concerned or no.
I also took a picture and a video of the whole thing. I’ll be posting it down below.

Thank you.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I'm not familiar with cats this age and not neutered. Did he actually pee once he was in his litterbox?
Could you maybe send the photo/vid in to your vet and talk with them?

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that a vet visit would be good to rule out a UTI. UTI’s can cause strong urges to urinate very quickly and he may not have had time to make it to a litter box. One of my adult male cats had a UTI and the only symptom was the he peed on our recliner. He was treated with an antibiotic by the vet and the UTI went away. The sooner a UTI is caught by the vet the easier and less expensive it is to treat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sadafraza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone.
Thanks for all your replies. I read your suggestions and most of you suggested I should go to the vet. So I visited the vet as soon as possible.
The vet said at this age it isn’t common for kittens to have any UTIs or any other infection. So it’s too early to diagnose. He said for now I shoulf relax because it isn’t something serious and the kitten might’ve just peed on himself while he was asleep. I’ve been keeping track of simba since then and I’ve noticed it a couple of times by now.
I am not worried anymore but I hope everything is well.