Help!!!!!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This hints the kittens ARE big, its not just a faulty scale.

But here we see the 110 hasnt added very much. 100 is a good birth weigh, so she has quite some margins. But 10 grammes in two days is so so, its really the minimum gain.
Be sure she has good time with momma, not being disturbed.

Dont supplement feed her as yet, but if the gains dont become better, we will think about it.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know, I've had some BIG girls too. At least you know for certain teh two tortishells are girls, you have something to compare to! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry i should have stated that i havent weighed them yet today, i started weighing them at night time so tonight i will weigh them again, and the little one is very adventurous, she wanders off all the time, its kinda annoying since she is no longer in a box, so i kinda have to barricade them in now, i dont know if that has anything to do with her weight haha. On the up side i accidentally forgot that i wasnt suppose to touch them with my skin so when i went to return the kitten with my bare hand mama didnt reject her, but i have established a very good bond with mama, if im in the room she leaves to go downstairs to socialize with the other cats for a bit and then she will come back and see how her kittens are and if they are fine and im still up there she will leave again. I dont know if thats normal or not.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course that's normal! She trusts you to watch over her babies and feels safe enough to leave. Yeah the little one may be working her weight off! She is a handful already, she'll be a little terror in a few weeks! Don't worry at all about touching them, that is just wrong about mother's rejecting their babies, their instinct is just too strong. She is comfortable with your smell anyway.

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha i knew she trusted me but i didnt expect her to trust me with her babies, i was so surprised!!! She's even good with my daughter being around them but she stays when my daughter is around haha. And even though she trusts me around her babies i just didnt want to chance it but it was around 1am when i woke up to the kitten far away from her mom so i was half asleep moving her back, i read a lot of terrible stories about moms rejecting kittens so when i woke back up and thought about what i did i went uh oh but everything was fine so i was very relieved

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those were just crazy stories, it is important that you establish your relationship with those kittens right from the start, so that they do not fear humans. You are doing great and your little family is adorable!;);):)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll never forget being woken up by a tiny, but very loud meowing from a newborn baby too. The mother had just given birth to 7 of them in our basement, she most likely didn't even miss the one that was brought upstairs and deposited by our bed by the older 3 month old brother from her previous litter! Scared me to death, I just knew he had hurt the little one, but thank goodness he had not. He joined right in in the playtime and nursing too, and mama didn't ever try to stop him. He's the only kitten I ever had that nursed to 6 months old. Mama weaned him right along with the others!

AnxiousCatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So i have lost a kitten, ive torn my room apart and i can only find 2 of 3.... Any ideas?