Help!!!

Muslimah1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is having contractions and crying loudly every 3 sec or so she won't stay put and is running all over the house she is following me going in the closet, behind the bed, under the covers then next to me.... we did try to provide her with a nesting box but she didn't want to stay in it...... she is a first time mom and I never saw her pick a nesting place.... what can I do to calm her down im afraid she keeps stopping her contractions everytime she decides to move???

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will she stay still if you sit with her somewhere? She may need you to stay close.

How old is she?

Is she pushing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Muslimah1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is about 13 months old and yes she kept going behind my bed in between the mattress and wall (we just moved in so bed is still on the floor) I put some blankets there and I'm laying here running her head she seems to be falling asleep???

I don't think she is pushing yet just hard contractions she is moving her legs straight every time and crying... Is that pushing? Will I be able to notice the difference between a contraction and pushing?

Muslimah1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Will she stay still if you sit with her somewhere? She may need you to stay close.

How old is she?

Is she pushing?

How old is she?

Is she pushing?

She just won't stay still it is definitely pushing because I can see a crown poking out but she just got up and walked away from where she has been sitting since I wrote the post 48 mins ago

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she has been pushing for 50 minutes you need to get her to a vet immediately.

Muslimah1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she has been pushing for 50 minutes you need to get her to a vet immediately.
We finally have 1 all black kitten vet said there is 4 so we are patiently waiting she finally picked a spot in my son's drawer under his bed haha fingers crossed all is well it's going to be a long night

Muslimah1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So she is trying to push a kitten out?
Yes she was and did so successfully after moving from.place to place she ran in my son's room and we closed the door came back 10 mins later and she had a sweet black kitten cleaned off and nursing we are very proud of her at this point I was starting to get worried

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I was worried too! I'm glad she settled somewhere and that the first kitten is out.

How old is your son?

Muslimah1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was worried too! I'm glad she settled somewhere and that the first kitten is out.

How old is your son?
7..... yes I was very worried as I tend to be my husband thinks I'm a maniac haha we have left her in the room she doesn't seem to need my attention anymore.... And my son is sleeping in another room tonight he should be fine with the kittens in his drawer I think it's the best option for her since we have a dog and he's an idiot!!! and I would never trust him around a kitten that young he thinks everything is a stuffed animal smh so my son is moving in with us and momma car can have his room.for now !!!

Muslimah1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
7..... yes I was very worried as I tend to be my husband thinks I'm a maniac haha we have left her in the room she doesn't seem to need my attention anymore.... And my son is sleeping in another room tonight he should be fine with the kittens in his drawer I think it's the best option for her since we have a dog and he's an idiot!!! and I would never trust him around a kitten that young he thinks everything is a stuffed animal smh so my son is moving in with us and momma car can have his room.for now !!!
*momma cat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's a good plan! Other than to weigh the kittens it's best not to handle the kittens much the first 3-4 weeks. And the dog needs to stay away for sure! :)

Muslimah1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's a good plan! Other than to weigh the kittens it's best not to handle the kittens much the first 3-4 weeks. And the dog needs to stay away for sure! :)
Yes... she is doing Amazing I'm afraid she is not my baby girl anymore she is all grown up 2 kittens and counting 2nd kitten is her twin though and it is polydactil just like mom I will post pics when she is finished I don't want to bother her too much

Muslimah1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you keep mom inside and away from males? Do you plan to spay her?
Oh yea absolutely we are going to spay her we had not done it yet because we lived on a big farm in the middle of no where and we recently moved and as soon as we got here she was in heat we tried to keep her inside but she ran out and we didn't want to spay her until we knew if she was preggo or not

Muslimah1986

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
3 kittens was the final number mom's healthy and doing well and so are the babies