help!!!!!?!?!

kottyfish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My poor kitten Newton has been sick. I'm not sure what's wrong with him. I thought maybe it was a Uri but he has no discharge or mucus. His breathing is very labored he wont eat or drink. He's coughing and weezimg with every breath. And the poor baby is starting to have trouble catching his breath.I'm scared he isn't going to make it to the vet. I wouldn't be able to take him till Tuesday when I get paid I'm freaking out this started yesterday and he's going down fast any ideas what it may be .

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My poor kitten Newton has been sick. I'm not sure what's wrong with him. I thought maybe it was a Uri but he has no discharge or mucus. His breathing is very labored he wont eat or drink. He's coughing and weezimg with every breath. And the poor baby is starting to have trouble catching his breath.I'm scared he isn't going to make it to the vet. I wouldn't be able to take him till Tuesday when I get paid I'm freaking out this started yesterday and he's going down fast any ideas what it may be .
Sounds bad.  The only real shadow of chance is a quick visit to a good vet, and hope its "just" pneumonia - which can perhaps be treated by antibiotics.  What it sounds, he may even be passed and gone at this moment when I write...

If he is still alive, keep him warm - active heat source alike your chest or a heating pad. Try to get fluids into him -  something containing glucose sugar, as it gives some energy too.  You can use honey water for this with a little salt.

Steaming up may help sometimes to breath - so for example, sit with him in the bathroom, with the hot water running for full, giving away lotsa of steam...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kottyfish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We've started to give him steam treatments last night he still a little hard at breathing but is doing much better. I'm about yo try the honey water to help give him some energy. I'm just happy he's doing better .