help !!

catwomen34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat just had a litter of 4 an one died it was deformed an the other 3 are also deformed I think one of them isn't but I'm not sure what do I do !!?! I'm scared for her . an I heard that I should get her fixed this is her first litter ever an she only 6 month I didn't want her pregnant but she got outside an someone said I should put them down but I myself can't I don't have the heart to hurt these babies deformed or not help me!!

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you post a photo? Why do you think they're deformed?

A cat her age is way too young to be having kittens, she should be spayed when you're able to.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, please post a picture. Hopefully we can help. The most important thing right now is are the kittens nursing mom? They need to be nursing to grow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catwomen34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is only one of the kittens an its got lobster claw hands one cat has a foot that turns side ways an its nose is funky it could breathe out of its nose its mouth was shut it couldn't meow or eat one was stillborn an had a huge lump in its head an missing a paw .

catwomen34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I plan to fix her bcuz I read that her next litter have a high chance of killing her an iv never seen kittens like this in my life. ! Its so sad ! I was crying for her she's my baby an I didn't want her to have a litter yet but my bfs mom kept letting my cat outside an then she got her first litter.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So, kittens can live with some deformities. Are the remaining kittens nursing mom?

If they cannot nurse, the kind thing to do would be to have them put to sleep by a vet. If they can eat, they may survive.

I agree she needs spaying. This is very sad!

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed with all of the above. If they cannot nurse, they will die slowly and it will be kinder to put them to sleep.

Mom can get pregnant again within a week of delivery, so she must stay 100% inside until she can be spayed. It is dangerous for her to get pregnant again.

catwomen34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I lost another kitten about half hour ago we are down to one the healthiest cat so farour other momma cat is feeding her an being a sergeant momma she had 5 healthy babies an she is taking care of my last kitten Im hoping this one makes it my cat she knew her babies were suffering an she killed them by laying on them so they weren't suffering an yyes deff spaying her asap

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
At least the remaining kitten is nursing your other cat. You can go ahead and set up your spay appointment now.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really doubt that mom suffocated her babies on purpose. That's not a behavior I've ever heard of. It is very likely that they died because there was something internally wrong as well.

Can you have your other cat spayed as well? It's not good for her health either, even if she has healthy babies, to have constant heat cycles and pregnancies and hormones.

catwomen34

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The momma cats if they know there is something wrong an the baby is stuffing they will lay on them so they can not suffer anymore its a common thing with kittens that arnt healthy. An they other cat is still nursing her babies..

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to have your cat spayed right away so that this unnecessary suffering doesn't happen again.  I know you love your cat and want to do the right thing so please take care of this right away.  I'm so sorry for your loss.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is just heartbreaking, I feel so sorry for that poor momma cat, 6 months old, she's but a kitten herself, then to have deformed babies, and them dying, that pic of the baby is incredibly sad, it will stay with me for a while, it's poor baby face is not right either, there is no nose, not just the paws.

You must get her fixed right away! I worry now since you mentioned you have another nursing momma cat that you will not get it done, she is not able to have normal babies and likely to have more deformities in her next litter, which is just wrong and unfair, their little lives meant something too, it's not their fault, this is just tragically sad.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really doubt that mom suffocated her babies on purpose. That's not a behavior I've ever heard of. It is very likely that they died because there was something internally wrong as well.

Can you have your other cat spayed as well? It's not good for her health either, even if she has healthy babies, to have constant heat cycles and pregnancies and hormones.
Totally agree cats aren't into premeditated murder they may consume eat a baby (due to predators) or reject out of the nest if they know chance of survival is minimal.

This entire situation is so sad wondering if something physically happened to this mom cat during pregnancy very very sad.

Last edited:

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Totally agree cats aren't into premeditated murder they may consume eat a baby (due to predators) or reject out of the nest if they know chance of survival is minimal.

This entire situation is so sad wondering if something physically happened to this mom cat during pregnancy very very sad.
I'm feeling certain that she has something genetically wrong with her that she produced a litter like this. It's actually very rare. Twisted legs, bent tails, and polydactyls are not rare at all, this is very rare.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm feeling certain that she has something genetically wrong with her that she produced a litter like this. It's actually very rare. Twisted legs, bent tails, and polydactyls are not rare at all, this is very rare.
  I'm sure you're right 1000's of litters have been born with Cat site over seeing the Deliveries. You would know...

It's very tragic ~