HELP!!!!

april545

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my 5 year old tamed a wild cat we call sparkle glitter.... Turns out she was pregnant.... We brought her inside during her last 10 days of queening... She gave birth to 4 kittens 1 regular tail 2 nubbed tail 1 no tail at all... Is this normal? We have a wild Manx with a nubbed tail that's almost the size of a medium sized dog... So assuming he is the father are they going to be big like him any special care do they need???

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So my 5 year old tamed a wild cat we call sparkle glitter.... Turns out she was pregnant.... We brought her inside during her last 10 days of queening... She gave birth to 4 kittens 1 regular tail 2 nubbed tail 1 no tail at all... Is this normal? We have a wild Manx with a nubbed tail that's almost the size of a medium sized dog... So assuming he is the father are they going to be big like him any special care do they need???
The one with no tail at all may possibly have difficulties, alike damages on the bladder and such.  The future will show.

The others should be OK if there are no other problems.

Tx a lot to you and your child for helping this girl, and giving her and her children a future.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

april545

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you know of away to help prevent damages or further damages? Any insight on a possible special needs kitten would be beneficial...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How old are the kittens? Are they latching and nursing well so far?

All you can do is watch and see how they do. It's quite possible that there is no "special needs" kitten at all, but rather just a kitten with no tail.

april545

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kittens are latching very well they appear very strong... Mom isn't thin after having them she still has a healthy appearance. Boy are they loud lol

april545

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kittens are two days old

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would say just keep an eye on them and make sure they are gaining weight and eating. If there is a problem you will know it. Make sure you weigh them daily to be sure they are gaining weight. They would be best in a quiet area where there is little or no foot traffic so momma won't get stressed. A closet works wonderfully; it gives them privacy and it's dark which will help keep momma calm.

Good luck and thanks to you and your daughter for helping. Post pictures when you can.

april545

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been trying to upload pictures but it won't allow me too... There is one kitten with 3 perfect hearts on her it his back... How do I sex the kittens?

april545

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank y'all so much... Kittens are fat lil babies... Mom will only eat naturals by Purina and canned tuna.... The only time we see sparkle glitter is when the school bus pulls up to drop my daughter off... She sits by the door and waits for my daughter to love on her then goes back to nursing and snuggling... Last night she got in the bed with my child for a bit. They are too cute together. It's hard to imagine a month ago she wouldn't even get close to us...

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you have a special child, what a lovely story [emoji]128149[/emoji]
Sparkle Glitter is lucky to have found you. :)

april545

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yay got photos to upload to my profile....

april545

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want to really day thank you to those who helped me out with the no tail kitten and just wanted to give an update.... Kittens are 8 days old today eyes are opening and the baby with no tail it's growing and thriving.... Kittens have almost tripled in size and are super fluffy.... My daughter reads to them every night....

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely update! Glad everything is going well!