HELP!!!!!!

momof5k2c

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took my male cat to the Vet, we come home and now his sister is hissing and attacking him!!!!! ????? They are super close all over each other now shes acting like hes the Enemy!!!! Whats going on?????? I cant sleep he keeps going up to her for companionship and shes freaking out!!!!!

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I took my male cat to the Vet, we come home and now his sister is hissing and attacking him!!!!! ????? They are super close all over each other now shes acting like hes the Enemy!!!! Whats going on?????? I cant sleep he keeps going up to her for companionship and shes freaking out!!!!!
What did he go to the vet for?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof5k2c

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He has a little skin rash most likely allergies he got a shot of antibiotics.

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmmm....that is really strange. Maybe she's smelling the medicine and that's freaking her out? Has it subsided at all or is she still reacting strongly to him?

Have you noticed any injuries or problems with her? Is it possible she has the rash as well and she's uncomfortable?

clawsie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, this is actually quite normal.

I've also heard a quick trick is to dab a little vanilla on both cats' foreheads so that they both smell the same, but haven't actually tried it out myself.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

That's interesting....I have lots of cats and have never experienced that phenomenon.
No I hadn't either, until the two I have now... I use Feliway and have the diffuser going before I bring them home (it even happens if I take them both together).

I hope things are settling down, @momof5k2c  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof5k2c

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is still acting the same , ill check her skin.

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well so much for that theory. I'm sorry I can't be of any help...I've never had this situation personally. I'm sure she will settle down soon!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

She is still acting the same , ill check her skin.
   The vanilla trick mentioned by clawsie may work.. I've never tried it either.  You could also try brushing them, back and forth, with the same brush to swap their scents.

It will wear off in time.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My 2 are litter mates and Noodles will still spend days hissing at Mooch after either one goes to the vet.  It usually lasts for about 3 days; but it did last longer when Mooch had an ultrasound earlier this year.  When they were younger it seemed to help if they both went for their annual well visits at the same time; but now both have had health issues so more vet visits alone.  I do the vanilla trick; but Noodles actually hates it and knows what i means when I have the little condiment dish I put a few drops of vanilla in.  
  i have also spent time petting both of them with a sock on my hand before.  Sometimes I just have to ride it out and tell Noodles to knock it off when she gets particularly hissy.