Help!

percy persian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought 7 pouches of Whiskas junior in a supermarket. Whenbi got home and opened one, I was surprised that the consistency of the content is different from the usual. This time, it is not held up together by the gelatinous substance. It looks gooey. Am used to seeing it firm.

Also, the color is different. Whiskas had always been reddish, right? This pouch I opened is pale in color. It is more like beige. With regard to smell, it does smell fishy (sorry for the pun) thats why I cant distinguish if it is spoiled.

Do you think this batch off the shelf is rotten? I checked the dates on the pouch. It is manufactured in aug 2013 and will expire in 2015. Should I be alarmed with how it looks?

I still offered it to Percy actually. Just a small portion and he ate it. Now I wonder if he coukd tell that it is stilll ok. I was thinking that he would reject it if it is spoiled. Is that thinking correct? Can cats tell I their food us rotten and not eat it or they will eat it just the same and suffer from stomach upset later on?

Help please. What do I do? Should I throw away all 7 pouches?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you have your suspicions that they are bad, don't feed them to him. Write down the lot number on the packages and don't buy that lot again. If they are unopened, most places will let you return them for a full refund.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

percy persian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes it's the most logical thing to do and I did so earlier today. Thanks for the advice :)