help

gerbear1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is not a very friendly cat lol. She does not like to be touched or handled though since she got pregnant i can pet her every now and then. She also still sucks on her mom. My cat that is pg is 2 years old. This is what worries me will her motherly duties come into play when she has her babies? I'm afraid she wont know what to do? Any suggestions or helpful hints to ease my mind would be great. Thanks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let me say so.  If I were a breeder, and had such a female, I wouldnt prob NOT use her as my queen, not even as one of my queens...  The risk she will be a bad mom, or her kittens not really friendly home cats, is rather big.  I would spay her and let her be a pet cat.

(I presume both the mom and your cat are home raised, not adopted ex semi-ferales?)

That said, if you want to proceed as she is already preg. 

Lets hope for the best.  Most often the maternal isntincts do kick in. Excellently or at least adequate...

But if not, the burden will be on you.

Sometimes, if it doesnt, the grandma will step in.  (Although there is the possiblility the grandma may take over, even is ma is trying to do her best, as these two females are living together, and ma is the dominating one, correct guessed?.)

You will still be forced to give them kmr, but most of the daily chores will be done by such a grandma.

Hope these thoughs gave you some help.

Others will surely fill in.

Please, dont hesitate with follow upp questions.

Welcome to the TCS site and our Forums!

Good luck!  *vibes*