Help!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would also advise checking on the kittens tummy for fleas. Also, if the tummy is really round, it is very likely the kitten has worms. Don't use regular flea or worm products you buy in the store, as they might kill the kitten, but let us know if you find fleas, and we can help with some ideas on how to get rid of them safely.

If you can't afford a vet visit yet, I would suggest at least calling your vet and asking how much it would cost for a fecal check. Then you can take a fresh poopy sample to the vet, and if the kitten has worms, they will give you a safe wormer. Fleas and worms can kill young kittens.

Be sure to keep the baby warm. And offer the canned kitten food on a plate...that is easier for a kitten to eat off from. I like to use paper plates to save washing dishes!

Another thought would be to call a local cat rescue and let them know that you have a foundling kitten. They may be able to offer advice for you. And if you don't want to keep the kitten, or can't, they can help you find a home when the kitten is old enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessi.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He can pee and poo on his/her own.
And it ate from a tin because I didnt get bowls.
But, today I got supplies, which include.
1. A bed.
2. Bath Wipes
3. Litterpan/litter/liners
4. Bowls for food and water
5. Toys

Is that good?

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say that's a good start. In addition to that you may want to add some Nutrical if you can find it.. it's a high calorie supplement that might be useful if you end up having trouble getting them to eat. I think you can get it over the counter at a pet store. If not, a vet should have it, and I think it's under $10. As long as he's eating okay it shouldn't be an issue but if he drops off on his feed a bit.. you might give him a little boost of the nutrical. You'd only need a tiny bit, consider how tiny the kitten is, but the vet could advise on how much if it's needed.

Check with everyone else here on the bath wipes.. not sure.. not sure if there is anything in them that might be harmful or not. If there's no flea issue, though, I would try to keep him from being wet as much as possible.

Sounds like you're doing a great job!

jessi.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks.
He eats well.
So, im not sure about needing nutrical.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as he's eating well.. he won't need it, or shouldn't, but.. if he goes off his food a bit, nutrical can help keep his weight up. You won't need it as long as he's gaining and not dropping.

How's he doing overall? Hopefully that's a healthy little kitten and you guys won't have any problems at all. Certainly a darling!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jessi, don't forget to take him in to the vet ASAP. He needs an overall checkup, and he needs to be put on a vaccination schedule. Also, bring a stool sample, so that the vet can check for parasites, disease, etc. Once he is old enough, he'll need to be neutered...16 weeks is a good time for that.

He's such a cute little ball of fuzz!

jessi.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will be taking him to the vet.
Im able to recieve FREE care for my bubbles.
=]