Help!! Worried About My Queen.

Star90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat just gave birth to 3 kittens yesterday 7/25/19 the first at 3:30am 2nd at 4:30am but the 3rd wasnt until 2:20pm and it was breech, my wife n I had to help her get him out. I can feel at least one more kitten and she seems to be back in the beginning stages of labour but she hasnt birthed it yet. I am very worried cause I have no money to bring her to a vet or anything. How do I know shes done giving birth for sure? Cause her vulva is still open a little and it has fluids in it.... PLEASE SOMEONE WRITE BACK SOON IM TERRIBLY WORRIED FOR MY QUEENIES SAFTEY

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Writing. stand by.
My cat just gave birth to 3 kittens yesterday 7/25/19 the first at 3:30am 2nd at 4:30am but the 3rd wasnt until 2:20pm and it was breech, my wife n I had to help her get him out. I can feel at least one more kitten and she seems to be back in the beginning stages of labour but she hasnt birthed it yet. I am very worried cause I have no money to bring her to a vet or anything. How do I know shes done giving birth for sure? Cause her vulva is still open a little and it has fluids in it.... PLEASE SOMEONE WRITE BACK SOON IM TERRIBLY WORRIED FOR MY QUEENIES SAFTEY
Afterpains, discharges, and even red colored discharges after the delivery is common, and normal.
Also, its common the womb is a little swollen and feels alike a kitten left...

So in such cases its just to wait it out... :)

BUT. Sometimes there IS another kitten. How to know what to do?

If she is OK, no visible troubles, happy busying herself with the delivered kittens - you do observe, as it may quickly become touchy, but essentially - you calmly wait and see... Pauses of hours or even days are common.

You have also the inbetween variation: she isnt done, but is exhausted.
You let her rest, help if necessary with kittens as well you can.

You can give her pedialyte to drink and or smear a little glucose sugar / dextrose on her lips and gum. (In USA the source of glucose sugar will often be white caro syrup or honey mixed with water). This gives quick energhy.

As homemade pedialyte you can give the same as above, but more diluted so its barely sweetish. Have a little salt in in.

If you have goats milk or kmr or plain youghurt, you can give it too - she may need extra calcium.
The work tend to stop if she has too little calcium in the blood.