Help with two week old kitten

godzangel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is about 1&1/2 weeks old and and Ito every 2 hours put poppies starting to be watery and very soft and stomach is big but not hard, is she ok . Mom and siblings are dead . Tried to find surrogate mom but they all push her away , she sleeps purrs and eats on schedule I am just scared she may have lots of air in belly or gas? ??help?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you 'stimulated' the baby's privates to get it to urinate or have a bowel movement? (rubbing with a warm, wet washcloth)Young kittens are stimulated to go when their mother licks them and won't go if no body does. You can also gently stroke her back and pat her to see if she has gas, the main thing is to keep her warm and feed her on her stomach with head up so she doesn't get milk in her lungs. Feed very small amounts very slowly so she doesn't choke.There are many on this site that are far more experienced than me, I hope they come on quick. What are you feeding her, I know cow's milk is bad, it will cause diarrhea, goats milk and a cat replacement milk called KMR (found in pet sections and farm supplies,) are the best. Please hang on until help arrives I'll pray for that sweet little girl, all the best!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

godzangel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i am using cat replacement plus and I have been simulating her anus so she poops Ana pees and she for the last week has had pooped and peed almost every time but the second week she started pooping very watery . Pee is perfect color and goes every time I rub her belly on sides to try to relieve gas or air . I don't know if it's working

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could it be worms? Is the belly really round and firm? I think that's a tell-tale sign of worms but I'm not too sure. Has she been dewormed and deflead?

godzangel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is only 2 weeks old can I have her deformed yet?she doesn't have fleas never did

godzangel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
help me please if u can my 2 week old kitten is gaining weight but she is pooping very watery and how do u know if the baby has gas or air in belly ? Is it normal for baby to have a big round but soft belly . How can I tell if it's gas , air or if belly is normal . I am worried about baby but she eats every 2 to 3 hours

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A soft round belly is generally normal for a well-fed kitten. The poop should be the consistency of toothpaste. How watery is what you're seeing?

Also, how much are you feeding her? What are you feeding her?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What exactly is the brand of kmr you are using?    Can you get raw goat milk?   Sometimes its a good alternative.

Re gas in baby tummy, or bloated tummy,   a preparate called simeticone is often helpful.  Its the same as for human babies, 2-3 drops in the bottle, not more.
My kitten is about 1&1/2 weeks old and and Ito every 2 hours put poppies starting to be watery and very soft and stomach is big but not hard, is she ok . Mom and siblings are dead . Tried to find surrogate mom but they all push her away , she sleeps purrs and eats on schedule I am just scared she may have lots of air in belly or gas? ??help?

Babymiracle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is 1 week old and has similar problem,
eats fine very aggressive at times, has no problem peeing pooping but over night her stomach has bloated an big an hard, she to continues to eat purr crawl around, and does not seem to be in pain. I'm worried there may be something wrong

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She prob swallows air. Are you making let the excessive air out after the feeding, as you would with a baby?

The simethicone mentioned earlier should help too.
The brand name may be different.
My kitten is 1 week old and has similar problem,
eats fine very aggressive at times, has no problem peeing pooping but over night her stomach has bloated an big an hard, she to continues to eat purr crawl around, and does not seem to be in pain. I'm worried there may be something wrong