Help with this beauty?

wrackspurt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

A lovely male cat wandered into my life recently and has decided to stay. Given that I know nothing of his history (Or age! though I do know he's young) could anyone help with identifying possible breeds he has in him?

thebruceisloose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are only a handful of breeds that produce big, fluffy tails - and he definitely has that trait! 

He's most likely a mix between a domestic shorthair and one of these:

-Maine Coon

-Turkish Van

-Norwegian Forest Cat

You should look up each of these breeds and see if he comes close to matching any of them. 

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very beautiful kitty:D

A very large majority of cats (98%) have no pure-bred blood in them at all. Cats are much different than dogs in this respect, so maybe that's what confuses people.

Just because a cat has the traits of a pedigreed cat, that's not necessarily an indication that said cat has pedigreed blood.

He is a domestic medium/long hair, and he's beautiful. ;)

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Very beautiful kitty:D

A very large majority of cats (98%) have no pure-bred blood in them at all. Cats are much different than dogs in this respect, so maybe that's what confuses people.

Just because a cat has the traits of a pedigreed cat, that's not necessarily an indication that said cat has pedigreed blood.

He is a domestic medium/long hair, and he's beautiful. ;)
I agree ;)

He's a beautiful boy though :rbheart:

He is a gorgeous color too a cream tabby and white - just beautiful :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wrackspurt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I'm well aware that he's not a pure bred cat in any manner. I'm more interested in what he resembles. It makes it much easier to describe to others.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I think he more resembles a maine coon or Norwegian forest by the shape of his head :D