Help with Stray

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucygrant

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
just wanted to thank everyone for their help with the stray cat. it is a week today and everything is peaceful. since i opened the windows he has been like a different cat, sitting on his shelf gazing out his window. he has stopped yowling and actually plays a bit with his toys.
he is still confined to his room because he is still sick so he is bored but overall we are in good shape.
off to a new vet tomorrow to see if they can get him well so that he can meet the rest of the family.
thank you again for all the ideas. i can't believe it's only been a week and i can't believe that he is so much calmer and seems happier. i think things are going to be ok.

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lucygrant

off to a new vet tomorrow to see if they can get him well so that he can meet the rest of the family.
thank you again for all the ideas. i can't believe it's only been a week and i can't believe that he is so much calmer and seems happier. i think things are going to be ok.
I'm glad things are going well!
How was the vet visit?

lucygrant

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
the new vet said that he is on the road to recovery. lungs and head are now clear. she felt that we had been following the proper protocol for his problems and felt like he had turned the corner on his illness
he has been much better in the last three days so i think she is right.
he is going to be able to come out of his room and meet the other cat in a couple days so now i've got to go back and read those threads that referenced that subject to see what the best process is.
we are making progress!!!

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful news!!!!!

Once you're sure nothing is transmittable, you can start with the scent swapping I believe.
You'll need to do that before you do the full intros. Keep us posted!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that's great news! And yup - get them associating each other's scent with "good" things before proceeding on the meet-ups.

We're here for any questions and yes, do keep us posted!

lucygrant

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that four months have passed since we took our street urchin in and everything turned out just as you all predicted. In the beginning he was endlessly screaming, tearing things up and creating complete havoc, I thought that maybe we had made a mistake but the months of trauma were worth it when we began to see him settle down. Eventually he became comfortable and is now the biggest baby I've ever seen. His name is Funnyface and he really is Funny. If I had to describe his demeanor in one word it would be THANKFUL. He is so thankful to have his home, food and family. He is a very joyful cat and we are so lucky to have him. He has a huge personality I guess because he has a wealth of experience from living on the street for years.
Thank you all for your guidance and encouragement. Without it we may have given up and that would have been a shame because he and we would have missed out on this happy friendship we have established.

orpheygene

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
YAY!! That is such great news. Congratulations to you and Funny Face. It's so meaningful and heartwarming, isn't it - when you know you made a difference - and you did!