Help with Site???

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I posted piuctures yestersday of my neighbourhood cats -which i can still see but another member cannot- and of my Yin Yin, which I cannot. All the photos are from another site (my own site) so they do not violate any rules about size. How come I cannot see them? I did check my computer and all my browsers are set to view the jpeg file format.

Help!!!! I do not have mega time in my life and took way too much of it to post these pix. What is going on? Can anyone help?

Oh and where did the SOS category dsiappear to? Or am I just not looking in the right place????

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've just looked and i can't see them either?!
If you pm me i'll give you my e-mail addy and i'll put them back on for you if you want?.

And SOS is right under Ferals and strays

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 'your' site, but it is under yahoo's domain. As far as I remember, they do not allow remote linking, which is what you are trying to do. You have to have your photos on a site that allows you to do this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thx Rosie and yeah, Deb, the last time I checked I did not own Yahoo. I do not even have shares, lol But, it is "my" site on Yahoo and that's what I meant. What is the point of offering space if one cannot use it!! I was certainly not trying to "steal" bandwidth - I mean these are "my" photos!!! Arrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!! I did not to upload them to the hospital (even tho I chair the Web Site committee!!) or univ server but I may have to. Or maybe I'll just buy a domain - I already have a server and can do the scripting - it is the time I do not have, alas!!!!

Does Kodak or any of those sites like Shutterfly allow remote linking? I could always just post the url? (But that means ppl link outside of this site and I know I am not always keen to open yet another window). I'll figure out something. Thx for the help in the interim - I appreciate it!!

My own ISP allows us 5 Megs but I have all of them used up for the hospital and not me. I'll have to rearrange some files maybe?

I did find the SOS page - on the menu. I suspect I am just really really tired!! (tho after witnessing what those people - and my collegaues) are coping with in Lousiana, I feel I have no right to utter so much as a small whine!!

tak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CyberKitten

Thx Rosie and yeah, Deb, the last time I checked I did not own Yahoo. I do not even have shares, lol But, it is "my" site on Yahoo and that's what I meant. What is the point of offering space if one cannot use it!! I was certainly not trying to "steal" bandwidth - I mean these are "my" photos!!!
Since the account you have with Yahoo is offered for free, they must enforce some limits as everytime an image is viewed, it costs them money (as it requires bandwidth).

However, there are quite a few free image hosting services out there, like photobucket.com (which was previously suggested).

If you would like to have your own website with full ability to have links to your images where you want, let me know as I offer hosting services (view my sig). Every purchase benefits TCS

-Thomas