Help with Orphan 6 day old kitten!

aircraft

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is so beautiful. I think it is wonderful that you are able to take her to work with you. I would give your boss/company many thanks also.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, she is adorably irresistible! We found a stray kitten a while ago and I carried her in a sling to keep her warm and because she was always wanting to be near us. People were always surprised to see what was in there.

Anyway. Congrats on your little girl - we have a Squeak too! Good luck with her!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allytt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a quick question - she doesn't want to poop again! Is it normal for her to not poo as often as she gets older? She seems to be sniffing at the ground a bit and she's peeing by herself - is it time to put her in a litter tray? No matter how much I stimulate its now in to day 3 since she pooped. I added .5ml of lactulose to her last feed to try and get things moving but still nothing! Worry or not? She's very active and getting playful.. cleans herself all the time and has started walking around nicely..

kat89447

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad she is doing well. When mine started going thru nipples like that I started giving them formula mixed with baby cereal (rice) by spoon. I still gave them bottles but this seemed to keep them from eating their way thru the nipples as they weren't "starving" and rushing so much. I also found some kitten toys for mine to play with and chew on. (better a toy than me) I had 3 so I was way outnumbered. I used to keep them in a laundry basket with a warm towel at night and a stuffed toy and this seemed to help them sleep and their digestion (not sure why). As far as the poop, on occasion, mine would skip a day and still do, so unless she goes a couple of days I wouldn't worry too much about it. She should also be able to go potty herself without stimulation now but watch out, going and going in the right place are two different things. lol
She sounds wonderful and people told me the same thing about them not surviving. Haven't lost one yet and even if I would lose one it is still worth it for everyone I save.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How sweet. Those pictures were so cute.

Since I rescued my two babies I have become interested in their poop habits too.
Maybe she needs more liquids?