Help with new kitten and other cAt

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A calming chew will not help as mycst doesn't eat treats

My kitten isn't attacking my older cat, hasn't even hissed.

The kitten is in his own separate room. I don't know when my cat is going to be aggressive so I'm not really sure how isolating her is going to help or stop it.
I'm certainly not going to try and pick her up when she is attacking me.
And again it's. It happening when the kitten is not around.
As others have said, it is redirected aggression.  She can smell the kitten in your house and on you, even when she can't see it.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

js124

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I get it. That's why I was asking for suggestions.

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mix it with h
A calming chew will not help as mycst doesn't eat treats

My kitten isn't attacking my older cat, hasn't even hissed.

The kitten is in his own separate room. I don't know when my cat is going to be aggressive so I'm not really sure how isolating her is going to help or stop it.
I'm certainly not going to try and pick her up when she is attacking me.
And again it's. It happening when the kitten is not around.
We are not being wilfully ignorant here. You seem to latch on to things we say just to knock them down. If you are having problems introducing the cats read the articles and you will be able to see things from the cats' point of view, if you want to know why your cat is being aggressive read the article on re- directed aggression. It will give you the answers you seek and give you suggestions on how to deal with that. If you cat is attacking your child separate the cat from the child.  If your cat doesn't like treats mix the calming food in with her normal food or take the cat to the vet and get medication. There is only so much we can tell you.

Last edited:

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do mix their smells as much as possible. Rub each one with a damp towel and put the towel of the older cat under the food bowl of the kitten and vice versa. Do the same with their sleeping places. But while there is any danger of attack keep the smells off you by wearing aprons or gloves that you can take on and off easily. The idea is for them to associate the other's smells with good things, but for a while to keep you and your daughter as neutrally smelling as possible. It is a difficult situation - I have had it take months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

js124

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks he is hissing and ran after her twice but no attacking and no attacking me. They can eat near other with no issues so hopefully it will work it self out