Help with my JoJo Kitty please. :(

leahnicole

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She stays on the counter/stove area and will not get down. She acts like she is now scared of the other kitties we have. She used to be the queen bee and the other kitties would never mess with her and she always ate first and if she walked by the others she would whack them. Well one night the youngest female cat seemed to have had enough and attacked her back. Ever since then my 7 year old kitty hasnt been the same. She no longer attacks the others and remains in the kitchen 24 hours a day, everyday. She comes down to eat but only for a moment. She has now started using the counter as her bathroom. Its horrible and I am tired of cleaning it up. I have brought a litter box in there for her but she refuses to use it. I took her to the vet and they told me she is fine and healthy and sent her home. This has been going on for 4 months now. I feel terrible because I am feeling so much stress towards her when she is my sweet kitty. I love her very very much. I just dont know what is wrong with her. I called the vet again and now all of a sudden the want to see her immediately. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? I am feeling so guilty now that all of a sudden the vet wants to see her and I keep thinking what if its bad and she is super ill and has to be put down. Like I said, I feel absolutely guilty.  Any help or ideas is very much appreciated.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The best thing to do is calm down, bring her to the vet and see what the check up is all about. Cats can sense their human's feelings; so if you are stressed, she'll get more upset than she already is. Sending calming 
your way. 

bad cat chris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mayby you can try bringing her into the bedroom and close the door and stay there with her for awhile. Do that for a little while everyday and see if it makes a difference.

three cat night

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe she is getting "attacks" while using the litterbox by your other cats? See what the vet has to offer and keep us posted .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leahnicole

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!! JoJo Kitty did awesome at her vet appointment today!  The vet said she is healthy and is well taken care of.  She said the way to get JoJo to act normal again is to reintroduce her to the other kitties in the home.  Have any of you had to do this?  I hate to keep her locked in a different room for awhile but I will try anything to help JoJo.

kat013

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Would also suggest just keeping her in her own room for a couple weeks (your bedroom?) to let the fear of the old situation wear off, before starting the re-introduction process.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the vet take a urine sample for a urinalysis or culture? Stress can cause urinary tract infections.

In addition to the other advice, I recommend installing a feliway plug in diffuser. Also, depending on what you are feeding her (and the other cats) a diet change may benefit them all. Diet has more effect on behavior than many people realize.

Keep us posted!