Help with my cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vipn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the kittens with longer hair in the ears may turn out to be longhairs. I usually go more by what the tails look like, and most of your pictures don't show the tails.
I don't know if these will help but I'll be taking more photos of them soon!

Candy

Diggy

Beautiful kittens , little Perry is so cute I love his name .:rbheart:
Thanks! My mom decided their names from the games she like to play on Facebook; Candy Crush Saga, Diamond Digger Saga and Papa Pear Saga. :) If there was another one, I'm pretty sure she's gonna name him Farmy from Farm Heroes Saga lol

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Cute family!

Not sure why the sex matters this young or eye color or fur length. But as mentioned none are any breed they are called "short haired domestics" like their parents. Dads hair is not very long.  IMHO he does not look Persian.

Right now they need simply to stay with mom to grow and learn.

Please do the right thing and get all of them all spayed and neutered as soon as you can and work on getting them homes.

Millions of cats have to die each year for lack of homes. There are simply too many.
  I have to agree w/ all that Slykat12 said. Both parents look like domestic tabby mix's to me.   The kittens are so cute, & momma is a beauty!   

vipn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:yeah:   I have to agree w/ all that Slykat12 said. Both parents look like domestic tabby mix's to me.   The kittens are so cute, & momma is a beauty!   :)
Thanks for the compliments!

The sex, fur length etc. doesn't really matter but I am just curious. This is the first time we had a cat for years and I just want to know things about them. Besides, there's nothing wrong with asking right? I'm not gonna throw them away if they don't turn out to be what I thought.

I'm sorry but I simply can't accept that it's the right thing to have them neutered or sprayed. I don't think that I need to take away their ability to reproduce. Besides, we're all gonna keep them anyway. We have 3 dogs that are well fed and taken care of and we still have room for more. They are a source of joy for the family and watching them have their own is an experience I would rather have than not. If at some point we think we can't take care of them anymore, I know many people who would love to take them in. In the meantime, we'll be keeping them for as long as we possibly can.

Last edited:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Beautiful kittens ;)

I do think you have two girls and a boy. They do have a lot of kitten fluff but I'm still undecided if they will be long or short coated. It's harder to tell from a picture than seeing them in real life. :lol3:

I would give them a couple more weeks to develop their coats more and then it might be more obvious to their hair length.

I think it's nice that you are keeping all three kittens. If you don't want to get them fixed then that's your choice. But the only thing that would concern me is the boy kitten if not neutered will mate and get pregnant his mother and sisters. This you do not want to happen. You will end up with sick, unheathy and deformed kittens from incest between closely related cats.

If you want to breed then please breed heathy kittens from parents who are not related to each other. :D

V vipn

vipn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Beautiful kittens

I do think you have two girls and a boy. They do have a lot of kitten fluff but I'm still undecided if they will be long or short coated. It's harder to tell from a picture than seeing them in real life.

I would give them a couple more weeks to develop their coats more and then it might be more obvious to their hair length.

I think it's nice that you are keeping all three kittens. If you don't want to get them fixed then that's your choice. But the only thing that would concern me is the boy kitten if not neutered will mate and get pregnant his mother and sisters. This you do not want to happen. You will end up with sick, unheathy and deformed kittens from incest between closely related cats.

If you want to breed then please breed heathy kittens from parents who are not related to each other.

@vipn
Thank you! :)

I didn't know that a male cat can impregnate his sister/mother even if they will grow up close to each other. If that's the case then I'll be thinking really hard if I will get him neutered. 

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you! :)

I didn't know that a male cat can impregnate his sister/mother even if they will grow up close to each other. If that's the case then I'll be thinking really hard if I will get him neutered. 
Oh yes Unfortunately this is true. :nod:

Cats and dogs as well, do not distinguish between families, and that they are related to each other like we humans do.

You see in nature, the little boy kitten would be driven/pushed out of the area in fighting by other bigger, stronger males. Who would claim mating rights to the females.
But your cats being in an unnatural setting in your home, the boy kitten will have no other males to complete / fight with for the females, so he will mate them.

vipn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm back with another question. lol

Is it coincidental that only the female kittens are longhaired and not the male? Assuming I get the genetics right, all of the kittens are carriers of the longhaired gene. If they were to mate with a longhaired cat in the future, is it certain that all their offsprings will be longhaired too?