Help with lost pregnant feral cat!

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND FOR YOUR MOMMA CAT!!! I also bet by now she may just realize how nice life is with you, safety, warmth, and food. It is also so nice to know how much you care for her and her kittens. Best of luck!!

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah!!! I just read whole thread & when I saw that you had found her I was almost in tears!! Keep us updated on her progress & pics of kitties when they arrive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nowonder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just an update at this point. She appears to still be as pregnant as she was, if not more. It is hard to tell because she really did lose a lot of weight over the 6 days. She must not have found any food. We are wondering if she wasn't just hiding for the whole time, too scared to even move. She is now in her crate, relaxing. I opened up the crate to move her dishes and she was smelling for the open window. Even as weak as she is from not eating and as pregnant as she is, she still would try to leave if she could. I have other cats and kittens in the room seperate, from her so I wanted to try to leave the windows up even a little for them. But I don't trust mama-even in her crate. I ended up buying two small locks to make sure the crate stays shut tight and that there is no way for her to even move the latch. (I do have another cat that does know how to open latches so at this point I wouldn't put anything past mama.) I feel like she could get through the crate itself at this point I think I will just leave the windows low, and when I am in there watching I will open them for the others. But the moment she is out, no windows for her for now. The big thing now is just waiting for her to have her babies. She is panting a bit and her body looks like it may be contracting, so I would think it should be soon. Am just hoping everything on her is okay internally and that the babies will be able to come out okay without complications after all of the stress her body has gone through. Will just continue to give her her food and help her gain back some weight. It is a miracle that she is here at home and that her belly is still full. And it is such a relief to not have to go out and look at all the places she "could" be or "might" be and know that she is safe again, even more so, before the holiday weekend! Again, everyone thank you. I think this was a group effort-we would never have gotten her back without the prayers and vibes from everyone! The way things turned out with this situation surpassed anything I could imagine. Thank you!!!!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am so thrilled that you caught her!!! I was worried about Mama.
TCS vibes have worked miracles before.

I hope you stay around to let us know how she is doing. You can even ask questions or share on the Pregnant and kitten section. I hang out there a lot as do others with Mamas and babies.

nowonder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We will probably be naming Mama cat more officially "Rebecca." Today she had her babies! So, we are now sure she did not have any babies outside. We trapped her on Wednesday night, she had Thursday to rest and try to restore from her week of being outside starving, and then today she had them. We were starting to worry because she was still getting bigger and since she hadn't had them when she escaped, we started to worry she might have needed a c-section. But she was okay. When everyone was out of the room for a few hours, and I checked in I saw them. She had 5 babies, and they are just like their older brother and sister that we caught in early July. So now, hopefully, mama cat will now have had her final litter. And all the worries of last week are now over and everything did work out, despite how bad it looked a week ago. These babies are acting a bit advanced already. They aren't really staying in one place-they seem to pretty mobile-one baby was climbing all over mama, you wouldn't think they are only a few hours old. Mama is very protective of the babies, however, when I let her out of the crate and she sat at the (closed) window, she was still looking for an escape. I can try to add some pictures here of them. If this will work, I will post two pictures of mama and her two babies from her previous litter. And then when I can get a picture of the newborns I will add that also.

Mama sitting at the slightly open window prior to her escape:

Bipper (Billy) took 2 days to domesticate, was very feral initially, but is now very good and sweet:

Sissy (Beatrice) still a bit wild, very fiesty, likes to hissy, spit, and growl (learned well from her mama), is very scared but is learning to begin to trust people:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WHAT ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS NEWS!
:clalp:

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad she's back and had her kittens in safety!
I am just beaming this morning. What a relief!

....and what gorgeous pictures of all of them! Momma is really beautiful!

I am just so happy for all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

nowonder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I am soo glad also, especially that she did not have the babies out there and that she is in for this holiday weekend. Thought I wouldn't even see her ever again, so am very grateful things worked out. Also, this morning Mama had one more baby. So now there are six!! She's being a very good mother. Very protective. I wanted to let her out for a few minutes for a break while I gave her food and everything, but she just wanted to eat. She has her spot to sit at, and then in the litter box with newspaper, are all of her babies. Now we just pray that they will all be healthy and okay. But she is doing well right now.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She'll probably just want to be near her kittens for the next few weeks. Some moms get really protective - others don't. You'll just have to see how it plays out.

Laurie

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

She'll probably just want to be near her kittens for the next few weeks. Some moms get really protective - others don't. You'll just have to see how it plays out.

Laurie
I agree. She is not spayed yet so that could also contribute a little to her desire to get out. The great thing is that these babies will be socialized from the start and ready for a furever home. Catching her before she gave birth is wonderful!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh congratulations!!!
I am so glad to hear you caught her again!! What a happy thing to come back to! This is the first thread I checked.

Aw, and you caught her before she gave birth and everything! I am SO happy!! It's those TCS vibes, I tell you, it's the only way I caught ours when she escaped! Congratulations again!

PS- in payment for all those vibes that helped you catch her, you know we expect a lot of pictures and updates.
(Of course, you may have already, off to go check the rest of the forums now!
)