Help With Kitten Health/worming!

LadyOfWolves116

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi.

So I'm due to pick up a lovely little kitten I've fallen in love with next week. She will be 8 weeks old then.

I already have her booked into the vets for when she comes e.t.c and I was assured that she would be wormed and flead. However, I have now found out that she hasn't been wormed and therefore won't be wormed when j get her. Obviously I will get her wormed e.t.c myself asap when I get her (as I said, she is already booked in for jabs e.t.c) so that aspect and money isn't an issue.

But I am now panicking (I have anxiety anyway and things like this I end up obsessing over the worst) that she is going to die or something from not being wormed yet. I have seen photos and videos of her as she has grown and have visited her twice and she seems to be growing and eating fine. Playing normally e.t.c but is it a severe issue she hasn't been wormed yet?? What is the prognosis if she ends up getting them??

Someone please ease my new kitten mum worries!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you getting this kitten from?

She will be fine if she isn't dewormed for a bit, but she really should stay with mom until at least 10-12 weeks old. It makes a huge difference in her development. Can she stay with mom and litter mates a bit longer?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, unless heavily infested its not that critical with deworming. Its sooner if you have other cats you dont want the worms spread.

Likewise with fleas.

Inside only cats often dont have any worms.

Kittens of moms whom go outside or werent properly dewormed have often round worms.
If kittens had fleas thay may have tape worms too.

8 weeks is ok but of she can be with momma and littermates a month extra is very good yes.